My fans going crazy during gameplay

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
snoozy

My fans going crazy during gameplay

Post by snoozy »

I was playing 10 minutes into the dungeon and I noticed my fans were getting really loud and they never went down to normal. I ejected because I thought LoG was trying to damage my system, pushing it further than normal. I say It's a problem with the game's coding.
My settings are all on high, Vsync on, 1920x1080 monitor, all my drivers are up to date, and I booted up Total War: Shogun 2 and then Assassin's Creed: Revelations through Steam, both on maxed out settings. Neither game gave me any red flags. I'm hoping the developers know what the issue is, I bought this through GOG, no pre-order though(sorry xd). I'd like to know what the coding problem is.

Thanks for reading, guys. This game is worth the money and wait for a fix.
Crashbanito

Re: My fans going crazy during gameplay

Post by Crashbanito »

Make sure V-sync isn't forced off in your nVidia or AMD control panel.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
FragInc

Post by FragInc »

My V-Sync is not set to "Forced OFF" in the NVidia panel and I still have this issue. It is only with this game
and it was an issue with the BETA test a month or so back. I reported the issue then. There is definitely an
issue with the graphics in this game and it will require a patch in order for it to be fixed.
snoozy

Post by snoozy »

Thank you. I should of read through the forum before posting my thread, I feel like a noob 8-)

I have force V-Sync and triple buffering turned on on the profile. Still no good. I guess I shouldn't attempt to play-through this. I really wanted to until I read through 2 threads with my problem.

My friend told me to buy a Frame Limiter. Maybe I will and just in case it works, I get to keep it when I have this issue again with another game.