Theorycrafted Optimized Party - No Swords or Mages :O

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Lohengramm

Re: Theorycrafted Optimized Party - No Swords or Mages :O

Post by Lohengramm »

Dr.Disaster wrote:True the Icefall Hammer's freeze ability eases things a lot - as long as the monsters are not cold immune like the Ice Lizards or the Cube.

Seems you missed the Crookhorn bow which is dps-wise on par with the Crossbow. These two form a pretty solid back row. Nevertheless both remain second behind a throwing head-hunting Minotaur Rogue in the front. He is the undisputed ranged weapon top-gun in both LoG's :twisted: ;)

A quick word on Master Quest: this mod is special when it comes to importing characters. Usually combat-heavy mod's can be trumped by importing a high level party but not MQ. Here all monsters are adjusted on game start to be a match for the hero's so beware! On the other hand the reward system is also adjusted so a higher level party can find more stuff then a low level one.
I didn't miss the Crookhorn bow, I just hated it. I would routinely hit Wardens and Lizards for very low amounts of damage compared to the Crossbow. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely use a Crossbow and Throwing user in my back row, if nothing else because a Thrower has a free hand to hold a torch with!