Resolution problem

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Resolution problem

Post by Dr.Disaster »

This is really weird.
According to your display driver resolutions above 1920 x 1080 should not be possible (anymore).

- open the game
- go into "Options" menu
- select resolution "1920 x 1080"
- click apply
- quit the game
- verify that in "grimrock.cfg" the resolution is now listed as "1920 x 1080"
-> when this is NOT the case something unknown to me is messing with your system

- re-open the game
- go into "Options" menu
- see which resolution is selected
-> LoG reads the available resolutions from your system configuration to build the resolution list

- check if you still get offered "3200 x 1800"
-> if it is still offered something must inject it because your video driver does not know this resolution
Schnörkel

Post by Schnörkel »

Currently I can't start the game because of the audio error and no directx works, I'll keep trying though.
Schnörkel

Post by Schnörkel »

Yes I can get 1920 x 1080 to work sometimes, only the cursor offset is still there.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Wtf?? Again?!? What is this, Groundhog day?

Seriously:
What are you doing that solved problems keep coming back?

I advice you to make sure that:
1) your ram is working 100% fine
Win7 has it's own ram check tool so no need to download anything to do this. All you have to do is to click the "Start" button, enter "mdsched" into the search field and hit enter.

2) your hard disk, file system and registry are NOT corrupted
To check both drives and file system: right-click a drive in windows explorer and select properties, goto the "Tools" tab, click the error check button, select both radio buttons and click start. If a restart is requested do so. To check the registry you already got CCleaner.

3) your system is not infected with any kind of virus, trojan, malware or whatever
Make sure your virus scanner is up to date and run a full scan. Regarding malware you might like to check out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool.
Schnörkel wrote:Yes I can get 1920 x 1080 to work sometimes, only the cursor offset is still there.
I did not ask if 1920x1080 does work because I expect it to work as the top resolution listed by the driver.

I asked if LoG does save the selected resolution into it's config file.
Does it do that?

In case the answer is "Yes" i furthermore asked if LoG does offer resolutions above 1920x1080 after a restart.
Does it do that?