A few questions and comment (newbie)

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Hickmanj

A few questions and comment (newbie)

Post by Hickmanj »

I've been lurking here for months.

I have a question which will help me decide whether to purchase or not:

1) How big is the game? How many levels? How much time for someone who explores every nook and cranny and is a patient player (was around as a player for the first electronic rpg games ever made... I'm old)

2) Any plans to kickstart this project if it does reasonably well. I often not only simply donate money (I don't need a figurine or anything in return) to developers I like, I also often give money to awesome mod makers.... this game looks professional and clean - so if the creativity is there behind it, you'll have not just a purchase, but a supporter ..... I haven't looked yet, but do you have a pay pal button or similar way to simply support your studio in addition to buying the game?

Jason
HarpoonIPA

Re: A few questions and comment (newbie)

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Hickmanj wrote:I've been lurking here for months.

I have a question which will help me decide whether to purchase or not:

1) How big is the game? How many levels? How much time for someone who explores every nook and cranny and is a patient player (was around as a player for the first electronic rpg games ever made... I'm old)

2) Any plans to kickstart this project if it does reasonably well. I often not only simply donate money (I don't need a figurine or anything in return) to developers I like, I also often give money to awesome mod makers.... this game looks professional and clean - so if the creativity is there behind it, you'll have not just a purchase, but a supporter ..... I haven't looked yet, but do you have a pay pal button or similar way to simply support your studio in addition to buying the game?

Jason
1. Game size is about the same as Dungeon Master

2. The team wants to see how everything goes with sales first, but there has been talk of Mods, search this forum and you may find what your looking for :D
petri

Post by petri »

My first run through the game was about 10 hours and I knew all the solutions to puzzles. Some testers have reported play through times much longer than that. If you go with the Old School Mode (automap disabled) and explore every nook and cranny playtime will be longer. On top of that, we have plenty of secrets, achievements, different party builds and difficulty levels to try after finishing the game.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

petri wrote:My first run through the game was about 10 hours and I knew all the solutions to puzzles. Some testers have reported play through times much longer than that. If you go with the Old School Mode (automap disabled) and explore every nook and cranny playtime will be longer. On top of that, we have plenty of secrets, achievements, different party builds and difficulty levels to try after finishing the game.
Makes me wonder, when you played it, was it more like a speedrun or just a regular run?
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

My 'speedrun' took several hours - I'm pretty sure it can be done faster as I don't know the maps by heart, nor do I remember which bits are absolutely necessary..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Sol_HSA wrote:My 'speedrun' took several hours - I'm pretty sure it can be done faster as I don't know the maps by heart, nor do I remember which bits are absolutely necessary..
Umm, okay. This is based on the closed beta, right? Do they allow you to distribute information like this?
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Mameluk wrote:
Sol_HSA wrote:My 'speedrun' took several hours - I'm pretty sure it can be done faster as I don't know the maps by heart, nor do I remember which bits are absolutely necessary..
Umm, okay. This is based on the closed beta, right? Do they allow you to distribute information like this?
Obviously ;)

And yes, I asked first.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
nbringer

Post by nbringer »

Hi! Another newbie and also first post here: what exactly is random in this game? I understand that maps are not(yet).

And a note to self: it feels very good to discover a promising game just moments before release... no more agonizing wait :mrgreen:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

nbringer wrote:Hi! Another newbie and also first post here: what exactly is random in this game? I understand that maps are not(yet).

And a note to self: it feels very good to discover a promising game just moments before release... no more agonizing wait :mrgreen:
Hah yeah good timing for you! :D I don't think anything is especially random (maybe some loot drops from enemies?) If the game does well we may get a random dungeon generator at some point though. For me custom dungeons is more exciting, and hopefully something we may get to. :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...