Castle Nex Timed Underwater Button Secret

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
galeza1

Re: Castle Nex Timed Underwater Button Secret

Post by galeza1 »

I investigated my graphics card settings and the in-game Legend of Grimrock II options settings. Sure enough I needed to do some serious tweaking on both of them. But 1st I downloaded a helpful app tool to see my Frames Per Second while I was playing the game. Here is the link: http://www.fraps.com/. Then using the best possible frame rate for the game between 30-60 FPS, I tried numerous settings for both my graphics card and the in game options. I finally succeeded at getting an average of 60FPS. That did allow me to get to the secret room before the door closed. Thank you all for suggesting I look at that. You know, I just kind of assumed my graphics card and game options were already set for best playing. WRONG. Ha-ha. So now I can maybe get to some of those hidden timed secrets I haven't finished yet. :D :mrgreen:
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

Using fraps slows the game on some computers as well, some beefier ones aren't affected but a low end like mine it does. Instead you can turn on debugInfo in the .cfg file and it doesn't slow game. I only turn fraps on in my game when I want to take a screenshot or record something. If i use fraps to display frame rate I see on avg about 15 point drop.
The FORCE is with me!!!
ozthekeymaster

Post by ozthekeymaster »

I struggled on this too even with an optimised path but on high detail/res. Found that if you strip your characters "naked" you can just get there before the door shuts on you.

Also found on a second playthrough (on low res this time so I can actually see things, especially underwater!) that there was no issue with making it in time even with fully laden characters.