Kill with poison gas - no xp

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Blacksky

Kill with poison gas - no xp

Post by Blacksky »

Hi, something I have noticed with the gas bolt and cloud is that if a creature actually dies from it you get no xp. I realise this may be to stop people opening and closing doors and just using the gas spell over and over to win, but I use it in regular combat so I have to be very careful when I shoot something with it. Not sure if the xp is really not getting added, but if not it means a high level earth mage is a total liability.
badhabit

Re: Kill with poison gas - no xp

Post by badhabit »

Blacksky wrote:Hi, something I have noticed with the gas bolt and cloud is that if a creature actually dies from it you get no xp. I realise this may be to stop people opening and closing doors and just using the gas spell over and over to win, but I use it in regular combat so I have to be very careful when I shoot something with it. Not sure if the xp is really not getting added, but if not it means a high level earth mage is a total liability.
known problem, fixed for Log2 but not for Log1

The developers don't plan to fix non-critical bugs for log1 anymore, also, it seems there will be no back-porting of the updated engine for LoG1. Maybe if you make an email support request to AH about this issue... (email contact: contact@almosthumangames.com)

So the only chance is community itself: Komag could maybe port his LoG1 remake potentially to the new engine (half-authorized by Antti), bringing his own and some LoG2-engine fixes also to LoG1 (as his version was generated with editor which should be more compatible with the new engine).
Last edited by badhabit on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

They are making the Tablet version of Grimrock 1, so they should logically fix this in their new work... But that kind of engine fix is probably an an easy update that they could host as a standalone patch... If 'red tape' is the problem, then (last resort) even a wholly unsupported patch.

They are still actively selling LoG1, and obviously plan a re-release of it no?
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Isaac wrote:They are making the Tablet version of Grimrock 1, [...]and obviously plan a re-release of it no?
Interesting! Some source and recent announcement available from AH for this?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

badhabit wrote:
Isaac wrote:They are making the Tablet version of Grimrock 1, [...]and obviously plan a re-release of it no?
Interesting! Some source and recent announcement available from AH for this?
Juho mentioned a bit about it in passing, during his recent interview on Matt Chat.