Modding original game

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
hovergoat

Modding original game

Post by hovergoat »

I wanted to play through the original game using a custom class and race. Is this currently possible?/Will it be possible?
minmay

Re: Modding original game

Post by minmay »

You can load the original dungeon in the editor by changing the dungeonFolder in a .dungeon_editor file to "assets/dungeons/grimrock2".

With an init.lua and dungeon.lua you can make actual modifications and export them, but I don't know if we are allowed to distribute said init.lua and dungeon.lua, so I won't upload them.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
hovergoat

Post by hovergoat »

This looks like a great way to learn LoG level editing as well. Thank you :D
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

I wish I knew this 341 hours ago (so says my Steam account lol). I think I learned more in the last few minutes then I did all this weekend.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

just wow
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
hovergoat

Post by hovergoat »

minmay wrote:With an init.lua and dungeon.lua you can make actual modifications and export them
This doesn't seem to be working for me. It looks like changing the dungeonFolder path also changes where the scripts are loaded from :/
minmay

Post by minmay »

As in, with the original dungeon.lua in your own dungeonFolder path outside of grimrock2.dat.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
hovergoat

Post by hovergoat »

Got it working! Thanks. It looked like it was missing an object define, but I think I can live without the world_map
JKos

Post by JKos »

That's a really cool finding minmay. Let's see what AH says about this, my guess is that this possibility is left there intentionally.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Batty

Post by Batty »

Takes a good 10-15 seconds to start after you click play :) and my system is fairly good. I think AH allowed it intentionally too.

It's interesting to see some of the devs leftover design decision comments.