Tonemap on indoor levels

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
nichg

Tonemap on indoor levels

Post by nichg »

I just noticed that you can do some interesting things by messing with setTonemapSaturation and setAmbientIntensity on the Sky component. I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem if I use a sky component on indoor levels so that I can continue to get consistent access to those functions. Clearly it adds a bit of lighting, but I (think) that can be corrected for using setAmbientIntensity(0).

My thought is that you could use this sort of thing to do something like have a 'spirit potion' which makes the screen go greyscale and allows the player to see/use secret passages or bridges or something like that while active, or have a 'dark zone' type area using setAmbientIntensity(-1000) or things like that.
Batty

Re: Tonemap on indoor levels

Post by Batty »

Ohhhh, I just tried this, awesome! black and white!

ah, nichg, all I can say is it works until it doesn't work :)

Edit: my eyes hurt now :lol:
Last edited by Batty on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NutJob

Re: Tonemap on indoor levels

Post by NutJob »

nichg wrote:I just noticed that you can do some interesting things by messing with setTonemapSaturation and setAmbientIntensity on the Sky component. I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem if I use a sky component on indoor levels so that I can continue to get consistent access to those functions. Clearly it adds a bit of lighting, but I (think) that can be corrected for using setAmbientIntensity(0).

My thought is that you could use this sort of thing to do something like have a 'spirit potion' which makes the screen go greyscale and allows the player to see/use secret passages or bridges or something like that while active, or have a 'dark zone' type area using setAmbientIntensity(-1000) or things like that.
I've not ran into any problems yet running it on a map that's "indoors." (and without a heightmap, not that I think that matters). I use "sky" entities to put the player in a dream state (black and white w/setTonemapSaturation) on one puzzle.

Return to “Mod Creation”