Grimrock 2 impossible for some?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
any6

Re: Grimrock 2 impossible for some?

Post by any6 »

Ow I'm really sorry if I spoiled it :( That said, it is as much player dependent as it is my party. I would probably be able to beat him with perfect dexterity. I have the save on for when I feel better. Helped a friend move places yesterday and my body is wrecked. I can hardly lift a plate. In this condition, Grimrock 2 is impossible for me :P

Managed to limp through house of needles on my new party though. That's something, right?
pincaviglia86

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Last edited by pincaviglia86 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
Phillip_Lynx

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

First of all :), some paragraphs would improve the readability, espacialy for users witch are not native english readers :)
pincaviglia86 wrote:...I need someone on the forum to tell me how to make a "HIDDEN" spoiler, in which I can put the info. ...
In the editor on the top right there is a button 'Spoiler'. If you mark a text and hit this button you get the text hidden. Alternativly you can tag it yourself if you type [*spoiler] before the hidden text and [*/spoiler] after it (but be sure to not type the * :))
SpoilerShow
This is a spoiler
pincaviglia86

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Last edited by pincaviglia86 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phillip_Lynx

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

pincaviglia86 wrote:...
Thank you phillip_lynx for your help. I edited my post with paragraphs and added hidden spoilers. I just wanted to help folks get through some difficult timed puzzles and enjoy more of this very good game.
No problem :). And now your post looks fine :)
any6

Post by any6 »

pincaviglia86 wrote:
Now, before I get bombarded with all the "cheating is bad" spears...if you are like me, and do not have the reflexes, but do not want to just trash can the game...then this is something you should think about using. This code does not give you any powers or abilities, so it, in some sense of the word, is really not a cheat, so much as an Easter egg or a way to exploit the game itself.
In a single player game, cheating is never bad if the player himself feels alright with it. Who am I to tell you how you should enjoy your game.

My salsa-bachata teacher always says that dancing is a game of respect. Everyone starts out as a piece of concrete, everyone was new once. At no point is an experienced dancer allowed to berate or laugh with a new person in the salsa scene. I can only wish such sentiment was a requirement for playing games. If it were, you shouldn't have to waste a paragraph explaining why you enjoy a game this way. I understood after the first sentence.

A person who would say "cheating is bad" is to be ashamed of himself.
pincaviglia86

Post by pincaviglia86 »

............................................................................................
Last edited by pincaviglia86 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pincaviglia86

Post by pincaviglia86 »

........................................................................................
Last edited by pincaviglia86 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

I felt slightly guilty last night save scumming in possibly the toughest battle I've had so far, (once I igured out a trick it was pretty simple too) in
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
ruins of desarune when you release the kraken (skeleton knights and archers)
but I'm playing on hard and I'm not amazing at these types of games. I can't feel too bad about it. :lol: :lol:
yelnoc

Post by yelnoc »

So I might battle you for older - Wiz 1 for my start....anyway. On normal I find it very challenging, I need help and don't mind using available resources. I am on my third party and while party development is somewhat subjective - I like this third party. While this is a partially non-linear game, one can get into to a situation for which resolution is linear...or start over...I am at that point. I have played about 8 hours been to a lot of places but am in a corner. I neglected to go to Keelbreech before doing the starts of a lot of other places - cemetery, Runes, Skeet, etc. Now I am stuck... I am returning to Forgotten River from Twig coming from the west and I am blocked before I can do much by about 3 each wyrvern and goodness knows how many air elementals....no ethereal blade, not strong enough to do the wyrvern, but can't get anywhere to build my group up any appreciable amount to level and say get a water skill and dispel...and even if I leveled, not sure I could beat those blue flyers. It looks like I could get to Keelbreech via water to the south but the apparent exit is blocked and the lever in the area doesn't open it....can't get past the critters to get to the land route to Keelbreech...so probably will have to start over and go to Keelbreech earlier. Can't kill zombies either so that limits cemetery exploration too. I need about 1000 XP to level and wonder if the Dispel spell would help....not that I have the scroll to learn it. ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!