[WIP] Knightmare Remake

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
TSotP

Re: [WIP] Knightmare Remake

Post by TSotP »

Updated:

Start Area - Complete. Including 'Play Testing' Chests full of mid range weapons and armor.

Forest Hub - Complete and balanced. Including respawning Etherweed and Blooddrop Cap (for potions), respawning Herders (for food), and some buried treasure.

Quest 1 - Complete and balanced, including item placement.

Quest 2 - Constructed, monsters balanced (i think... playtesting). No item placement.

Quest 3 - 1st and 3rd parts mechanically working (all puzzles, switches and keys etc). Monsters balanced (i think). No item placement.

Quest 4 - Totally incomplete (just a square room with working stairs and "The Crown of Glory" placed)
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i have a software faiilure at the end of level 1 now

Loading save game C:\Users\blps\Documents/Almost Human/Legend of Grimrock 2/quicksave.sav
Loading dungeon [WIP] Knightmare Remake (personal) by The Shadow of the Phoenix
Game loaded

=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_13.script:2: attempt to index global 'dark_acolyte_1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_13.script:2: in function <#script_entity_13.script:1>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'activate'
[string "FloorTrigger.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

i'll have a look. It seems to me like the "boss fight" script isn't triggering properly. I'll (try to) fix and update asap.

thank you for the bug report :)

Update:

Did the Dark Acolyte attack you at the door by any chance? before you stepped into the room?

The problem (i think) is that the boss fight is triggered by a hidden floor plate just inside the door. However, if you kill the DA before you step on the plate, the script crashes.

I've Updated to Version 0.5.03 and fixed the problem. in a little while (busy IRL atm) i'll check any other "boss fights" for the same problem :)
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

updated to 0.6

the sword quest is now mechanically finished.

i added a new script that stops wizards from casting spells unless the have the scroll on their person. I also added some heal spells and made sure that all spell scrolls are available in the game.

i also have respawing herbs that grow in the Forrest, and i changed the connection between the starting level and the forest hub. it now uses the 'forest exit'

i still need to figure out weapon and armor placement.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

but quest2 the beware the trap puzzle i fall in the pit again and i can ,t get out....
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

boss fight quest 1 is good now but you dont get back in the last corridor, the game crashed again.. but if you defeat the boss in the last corridor its good
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

hansbleeb wrote:but quest2 the beware the trap puzzle i fall in the pit again and i can ,t get out....
I thought I had fixed that. I'll have a look again tonight when I get home.

EDIT: FIXED
hansbleeb wrote:boss fight quest 1 is good now but you dont get back in the last corridor, the game crashed again.. but if you defeat the boss in the last corridor its good
The boss script should finish when you kill the 2 enemies. I'll check the hidden trigger. It's maybe not set to disable after activation. So when you stand on it after yhe bosses are killed, it crashes the game because the bosses no longer exist. I'll have another look :-)

EDIT: FIXED

i'm currently updating to version 0.6.02, but nexus is taking it's time. Check back soon :-)
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

v0.6.02 has finally been uploaded
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

Version 0.6.04 is live.

Armor, Weapons, Spells and Staffs have all been distributed.
Food constantly respawns in the Forest (Herders)
Potion Components can also be found in the Forest

It should now be self-contained and therefor, no need for the 3 playtest chests at the beginning.

I'm still constructing the final quest. But this will probably take me a long time, since i no longer have a work Amiga. I'm having to use video walkthroughs to help me (although i do have a complete set of maps, it's more for the Puzzles etc)
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

level 1 + 2 working good bu the herders outside dont create enough food..i can play it with 4 hungry partymembers to go to the healing christals again and heal there but it is much walk everytime