Level 4 (Archives) - Time and Tide - Need Help

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Shadowfied

Level 4 (Archives) - Time and Tide - Need Help

Post by Shadowfied »

So on the trial "Time and Tide" at the second part where you
SpoilerShow
need to walk along the trapdoors as they open, how do I get past the locked gate? Or how do I get further..I found a secret (I think it was a secret) by hitting a switch on the wall which opens an alternate path, I've tried falling down in the different pits but can't find how to progress.
Any clues or solutions?
shiftius

Re: Level 4 (Archives) - Time and Tide - Need Help

Post by shiftius »

SpoilerShow
Near the end of the trapdoor path, you can throw a rock over onto a pressure plate. So simple but it had me stuck for ages.
Shadowfied

Post by Shadowfied »

Aw, thanks man!
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

SpoilerShow
The plate on the left side? I've tried that and no luck
Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
cokebottle

Post by cokebottle »

SpoilerShow
Yes. It opens the door straight ahead.
Benbone

Post by Benbone »

OK, I am not exactly sure where you are stuck. The plate to throw the rock is at the very end of the trap door path. But I got stuck earlier before getting there. There is a small trap door path before the big one. You have to stand on a plate before and then you hear 3 clicks and a portal appears fora very short time. I tried to throw a rock through the portal, but the rock ended up always to my left. I managed to solve this by shooting a crossbow bolt through theportal. the bolt landed somehow on the switch platform to the left and toggeld the trap doors. So I could walk to the left and replace the bolt with a simple rock. from there I could walk to the large trap door path where you have to throw a rock at the end.

Hope it helps.
Mordanous

Post by Mordanous »

SpoilerShow
Also if you place a rock on the plate and stand where the portal appears, it will allow you acces to the room on the left. Where you can obtain a book of wisdom (+5 Skill Points).