Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
The cube

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by The cube »

How to make a invisible pressure plate withought making the floor under it invisible? Becouse disabling the model does just that.

What's the name of the door in which there is spikes in the floor that pull back when the door is opened?
Oxijyn

Post by Oxijyn »

The cube wrote:How to make a invisible pressure plate withought making the floor under it invisible? Becouse disabling the model does just that.
You can use the floor_trigger item to function like an invisible pressure plate if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly.
The cube wrote:What's the name of the door in which there is spikes in the floor that pull back when the door is opened?
That should be the mine_spear_door.
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

ScroLL wrote:Is there a way to make the dungeon floor entity not appear invisible when looking up from under it?
That's an odd request. Not without a program to alter the models I'm pretty sure. With such a program you would only need to make the model two sided. So no actual artistic skill is required.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
ScroLL

Post by ScroLL »

You can build pretty extensive 3d indoor environments using secret doors, floor entities, and invisible platforms.

I've been mostly playing with the dungeon environment so my experience is with that. The dungeon secret doors are better than the dungeon wall entities because you get to see the model on both sides and there's obstacle and projectile collision. The problem with most of the floor entities is that they only display on one side.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

ScroLL wrote:You can build pretty extensive 3d indoor environments using secret doors, floor entities, and invisible platforms.

I've been mostly playing with the dungeon environment so my experience is with that. The dungeon secret doors are better than the dungeon wall entities because you get to see the model on both sides and there's obstacle and projectile collision. The problem with most of the floor entities is that they only display on one side.
The problem I have using secret doors for walls is you can see light shining through the cracks of the stone if there's light source on the other side.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

- I need beach_ocen object which will be only 5x5 squares, not this huge over half-of the map. Somebody found out ?
- I´d like to have some object move ouside the editor map (for example like shipwreck object), anybody hacked the parms ?
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Vice Dellos

Post by Vice Dellos »

ocean only shows at -2 and -3 heightmap so you work around it a little

i set the ocean far to the west and facing the same way so the ocean stretches east unbderneath the entire map. whereever its low enough it will show.

slight issue is the water stretching out to the north and south of the map and the san to the east if you dont disable it from the components

on your second point you have to offset a model so you shouldnt need to do anything all to fancy, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it yet, but they are placed on the map just like the shipwreck and the ocean
Vice Dellos

Post by Vice Dellos »

aah I'm confused

i want to change the y-position of a secret door. i thought you had to do something like

Code: Select all

door.go:setWorldPositionY(42)
but i get an error: attempt to index field 'go' (a nil value)

how are you supposed to call on it?
Rougecorne

Post by Rougecorne »

It's possible to create custom "monster" ? (New texture, exp, power attack, etc) ?