Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
GoldenShadowGS

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by GoldenShadowGS »

ScroLL wrote:invisible_wall

there's also invisible_rocky_wall but I haven't played with that yet.
Invisible wall created a solid tile that is impassable. Invisible rocky wall is the same thing but it draws as a rock on your map, while the normal invisible wall draws as a ground tile.
cameronC

Post by cameronC »

Jackard wrote:
I saw that, but looks like it takes the entire tile! Is there a thin version?
GoldenShadowGS wrote:I just discovered something. Those thin forest ruin walls are actually doors in the game engine. I think this means all "Wall" objects are solid throughout the entire square. But door objects block only between two tiles. This means if you want to make a thin dungeon wall, you can use your dungeon facades and put a forest ruin wall and turn off its model to make it solid. I just tested and it works.
Thanks very much, I can't test right now but this sounds like it solves the issue
secret_doors act as "thin" walls you cannot walk through. They also draw as a wall on the minimap (Which walls + invisible_walls do not show as anything on the minimap) but seem to draw the tile on the other side of the secret_door as you walk by it (Letting the adventurer know something is behind it).
Writer and sometimes artist of the very slightly acclaimed comic series Scrambled Circuits. A comic series about a robot written by a human.

Grimrock 2 socketSystem: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8546 / Github
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Id like to clone forest_oak_cluster with offset, please somebody help me define it

defineObject{
name = "offset_cluster",

components = {
{

offset = vec(4,0,4),
}
},
}
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
GoldenShadowGS

Post by GoldenShadowGS »

cameronC wrote:
Jackard wrote:
I saw that, but looks like it takes the entire tile! Is there a thin version?
GoldenShadowGS wrote:I just discovered something. Those thin forest ruin walls are actually doors in the game engine. I think this means all "Wall" objects are solid throughout the entire square. But door objects block only between two tiles. This means if you want to make a thin dungeon wall, you can use your dungeon facades and put a forest ruin wall and turn off its model to make it solid. I just tested and it works.
Thanks very much, I can't test right now but this sounds like it solves the issue
secret_doors act as "thin" walls you cannot walk through. They also draw as a wall on the minimap (Which walls + invisible_walls do not show as anything on the minimap) but seem to draw the tile on the other side of the secret_door as you walk by it (Letting the adventurer know something is behind it).
I think I figured out how the prisoner cage in the beginning of the game was made. It is a prisoner_cage surrounded on 3 sides with prison_cage_doors and the front side has a prison_cage_door_breakable. When you hit the door with a weapon, it makes the prison cage animate the swing open animation automatically. I also placed a prison_cage_door in between the tiles where the visible open door is so it becomes impassable.
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

Does Grimrock have a flat ceiling tile that I can use as a facade, preferably dungeon textured?
Rougecorne

Post by Rougecorne »

Hello guys' :)

In my mod, i create a new weapon with this script:

defineObject{
name = "dague_magique",
baseObject = "dagger",
uiName = "Dague de l'apprentit",
AttackPower = 20,
damageType = "cold",
description = "Une puissante dague cachée du monde.",
}

But, when i reload my mod, i have this weapon, called "Dague_magique", but.. when i play my mod, i have no changes on the weapon. :/
Why ?

(Really sorry for my bad english ^^)
Prozail

Post by Prozail »

Rougecorne wrote:Hello guys' :)
Untested, but LoG2 has a more Component based system so it should be something like

Code: Select all

defineObject{
	name = "dague_magique",
	baseObject = "dagger",
	components = {
		{
			class = "Item",
			uiName = "Dague de l'apprentit",
			AttackPower = 20,
			damageType = "cold",
			description = "Une puissante dague cachée du monde.",
		}
	}
}
Last edited by Prozail on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rougecorne

Post by Rougecorne »

Don't work :(

'}' excepted to close '{' at line 28 near uiName
Prozail

Post by Prozail »

Rougecorne wrote:Don't work :(

'}' excepted to close '{' at line 28 near uiName
i missed a comma (,) at the end of the line.
Rougecorne

Post by Rougecorne »

Thank you ! :D