Can't Open Balance Shine...

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kami123

Can't Open Balance Shine...

Post by kami123 »

I've searched all around and can't find a solution/answer to my problem.

Without spoiling some stuff to describe my problem:
SpoilerShow
People have said that you need to cast a balance spell in the center in-front of the castle. Cool, but I didn't create a caster for my starting 4. Someone mentioned on the steam forums that there's a staff in the game (maybe hidden behind a gold key unlock?) that casts the balance spell.... where is this staff? I've thrown so many staffs (luckily not the serpent staff) away so no clue where the bugger is.
kami123

Re: Can't Open Balance Shine...

Post by kami123 »

Figured it Out
SpoilerShow
So, its the Nectarbranch Wand which is unlocked with a gold key right outside the Castle in the northeast. However, in order to use it you need Concentration level 2 which I only had 1 level of. Kinda annoying that I had to grind a level just to get the second rank, but oh well.
Shady_arc

Re: Can't Open Balance Shine...

Post by Shady_arc »

kami123 wrote:I've searched all around and can't find a solution/answer to my problem.
ANYONE can cast spells. But only a Wizard can do it with bare hands. So you need just ANY piece of wizardy-equipment like a staff or a magic sphere that lets you cats speels on right-click. Not that hard to get hands on if you have already acquired 20 power gems. Find any crappy staff, just anything. Personally I stored all unnecessary stuff right in the Hub on the floor :D