Do you ever find another shovel?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
limejuice

Do you ever find another shovel?

Post by limejuice »

I lost it.

Do I have to search every square I've been, or will I find more?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Do you ever find another shovel?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

There are several in the game so you'll find another if you lost the first one.
limejuice

Post by limejuice »

Dr.Disaster wrote:There are several in the game so you'll find another if you lost the first one.
Thanks, I was about to quit the game and start over, since I am in the second area still. Beats searching for a thrown shovel.

I can get back to where I am now though, right?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

In LoG2 you can always go everywhere. Yet if you are only in the second area - Twigroot Forest, right? - but already "lost" the shovel you might be better of heading back looking for it because the others are a bit ahead.
limejuice

Post by limejuice »

Dr.Disaster wrote:In LoG2 you can always go everywhere. Yet if you are only in the second area - Twigroot Forest, right? - but already "lost" the shovel you might be better of heading back looking for it because the others are a bit ahead.
No way, I'd rather play everything again than search for a shovel I can easily miss. I have no idea where or why would I drop it, it might even be a bug and it dissapeared.

Like the Ratling gaining +2str through mutation but somehow having the same strength like in lvl 1.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

I found like three or four. there is definitely one in the cemetry area.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Often when I lost stuff I found I had actually pressed II on the character icon.
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

Spathi wrote:Often when I lost stuff I found I had actually pressed II on the character icon.
Indeed, some people might not realize that. I never use the second weapon set for people, so I always put the Compass, shovel, and other useful stuff into the second weapon set of people. So if I do end up needing it, I just hover over them and switch weapon sets. :3
lurker

Post by lurker »

Drakkan wrote:I found like three or four. there is definitely one in the cemetry area.
Yes, definitely one there.
notreally

Post by notreally »

Jirodyne wrote:
Spathi wrote:Often when I lost stuff I found I had actually pressed II on the character icon.
Indeed, some people might not realize that. I never use the second weapon set for people, so I always put the Compass, shovel, and other useful stuff into the second weapon set of people. So if I do end up needing it, I just hover over them and switch weapon sets. :3
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but whats the point of having a compass equipped?
I personally use shovel + rope.