Level 9 Pillered Hallway

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Zayer

Level 9 Pillered Hallway

Post by Zayer »

has any one done the 'Pillered Hallway' on level 9 yet? im not quite sure what i gotta do.
Sol_HSA

Re: Level 9 Pillered Hallway

Post by Sol_HSA »

SpoilerShow
maybe you should read some scrolls..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Zayer

Post by Zayer »

cant seem to find any scrolls in the area..
sassbits

Post by sassbits »

Can you be more clear about the solution to the PIllared Hallway? There's only one scroll I haven't 'used' (the one with 'slithers left left, right, etc.') but it seems to be out of place for this puzzle.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

sassbits wrote:Can you be more clear about the solution to the PIllared Hallway? There's only one scroll I haven't 'used' (the one with 'slithers left left, right, etc.') but it seems to be out of place for this puzzle.
SpoilerShow
it's not out of place.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Echoplex2006

Post by Echoplex2006 »

Im also stuck on this as well. Does this tie into the checkered room?
Breogan

Post by Breogan »

I'm also stucked in checkered room. The note doesn't help me here. Or I don't understand it well :ugeek:
Breogan

Post by Breogan »

I found !!! Think about the meaning of checkered ! And look at the room ;)
SpoilerShow
You have to put items on the floor, so it looks like a checker. 2 on the first row (right and left) 1 on the 2 row, etc.
MikeKathos

Post by MikeKathos »

I've searched all of Floor 9, every single wall and unless I've missed a hidden doorway somewhere with a scroll for the Pillered Hallway then I can't find it. I do have the scroll describing the walking pattern but isn't that for the hallway to get into the area with the raptors? Unless I've missed something in the first area in the checkered room or holy scriptures, I'm not really sure how to get through here.
I have completed the Outer Sanctum room, at least as far as I know I have (went through the teleporters and opened the door beyond the trap). Also, in the inner sanctum after you get through the teleporters; if you fall down the hole it sends you to an isolated room with an item beyond a gate and a scroll regarding the torches. Has anybody figured out that puzzle?
s3lla

Post by s3lla »

can someone post solution for Pillered Hallway please?