What door to choose in the Cache?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Hellriegel

What door to choose in the Cache?

Post by Hellriegel »

What is the rope good for? Is there another way to get one? I'm not sure what is the most valueable choice. I will either choose the bow and the arrows, that are pretty nice or the mage stuff, especially the orb I like. Apparently you don't know what's the best choice for my party, I'm asking regarding future gear. What will I substitute sooner? Bow or Orb? Are there more arrows soon?
Crawler

Re: What door to choose in the Cache?

Post by Crawler »

SpoilerShow
I have chosen the bow+ arrows, i couldnt find another one for quite a long time buuuut, there are plenty of bows/missile weapons later an and yes, much more arrows :)
decide for yourself, you will get more gold keys anyways , always pick what u think is best for your playstyle

apart from that

you will find a rope later on in the crystal mines if i can remember correctly
Kazeema

Post by Kazeema »

I'd open the rope door every time.
Since it's pretty free where you wanna go, you could end up in the crystal mines LATE in the game. In which case the rope will be invaluable.

That was the case for me. Took me a looong time to get to the crystal mines since i chose all the other paths first, that rope has been sooo usefull =)

The rope is used to safely jump down in pits.
Stand next to a pit, facing it and then use the rope from your inventory and you will climb down, taking no damage and breaking no limbs. Perfect!
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

In the first game i went for the orb and the wizard dress, but in a new game i'll probably go to ANOTHER more waterly vault *wink-wink*
Hellriegel

Post by Hellriegel »

Thank you very much for your fast answers. Now I'm in doubts between the rope and the bow^^ I'll probably go for the bow, arrows and lockpicks and hope that I will find the crystal mines soon, and don't regret my descision^^

@Klezzon: There is a golden key lock in the water or what do you mean? in the same area (Forgotten River)?
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Hellriegel wrote:@Klezzon: There is a golden key lock in the water or what do you mean? in the same area (Forgotten River)?
SpoilerShow
There is another similar area near the water temple on Sleet Island, which actually have another golden key hidden inside !
Hellriegel

Post by Hellriegel »

Ah ok, thx
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

The rope is good for
SpoilerShow
safe pit diving. Face a pit and use the rope, and you can get down without taking fall damage and injuries. There's another rope in the Crystal Mines, but I'd rather have the rope early on.
Henk

Post by Henk »

The warrior's cache has
SpoilerShow
a flaming longsword, a strength light weapon which has several charges of a fire attack, a healing potion and a +6 evasion shield
The thief's cache has
SpoilerShow
A bow, slightly better than the shortbow, several arrows and a speed potion
The wizard's cache has
SpoilerShow
3 armor 1 willpower 10 resist all pants, a +15 energy orb and an energy potion
The poisonmender's cache has
SpoilerShow
a +2 armor 50% poison resist bracer, an antivenom potion, and the rope
I went with the poisonmender and the wizard
N'Zembwa