Leprechaun in twigroot tunnels

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Gothyc

Leprechaun in twigroot tunnels

Post by Gothyc »

SpoilerShow
Do you have to kill the leprechaun to find the key to get out of the room with all the pits?

I managed to lure the leprechaun onto a trapdoor and open it so he fell down, but now I'm worried I have to kill him to loot a key or something since I can't find the key to the exit door anywhere. I found the two wall buttons for the secret room, but there was no key or other means of escape in there. I'm stuck in the pit room, I'm down to one healing potion and I really don't want to jump down a trap chute to fight the leprechaun together with all the mummies down there. Am I screwed?
3mortis

Re: Leprechaun in twigroot tunnels

Post by 3mortis »

i am screwd? yes :p

he had the key
Gothyc

Post by Gothyc »

Oh man... That sucks. :cry:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

:lol:

You should be rewarded for getting him to step on a trap and moving fast enough to trigger it... I thought that's what I had to do...
SpoilerShow
Finally, I just hid around the corner, and waited for him to come out and pelted the #%@! out of him, each time, until I finally defeated him.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Gothyc

Post by Gothyc »

I'll give it a couple tries, but I imagine I'm just going to have to restart a new game. I wish I had more than a single save file. :oops:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Gothyc wrote:I'll give it a couple tries, but I imagine I'm just going to have to restart a new game. I wish I had more than a single save file. :oops:
Why did you only do one save file anyway?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Komag

Post by Komag »

The mummies aren't too hard, just start in a more obscure corner area, take them out cautiously, retreat, etc, you can do it.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Gothyc

Post by Gothyc »

I did it! Did a ring around the rosie with the leprechaun while killing mummies, and then guerilla warfared the leprechaun. :D

And yes, I was a fool to have only one save file. I now have.. two! :lol:
Rygaros

Post by Rygaros »

I got another question regarding this room. There is also a golden keyhole here, not for the key the leprechaun drops. I've must have missed it somewhere in this dungeon couse I came back with other goldenkeys and they didnt fit.
Anyone have an idea where it is?
Gothyc

Post by Gothyc »

As far as I've read in other posts, there will be more golden locks in the game than there are golden keys (apparently any golden key works on a golden lock), so you won't be able to open all the golden locks that you find. I didn't have a key for this particular lock either, so I had to leave it.