Hamlet in the ruins of Desarun

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Haarukkamies

Hamlet in the ruins of Desarun

Post by Haarukkamies »

So I need 2 iron keys to progress and things seem simple enough. At the end of the southern path there is a barred room with two slimes moving inside of it and a pressure plate is in sight. My first instinct was to try and wait so the slime would move on the plate and open the door itself but it never moves on top of the plate no matter how long I wait or try to bait it. My second instinct was that there must be a switch or a hidden button to create a bridge of light accross the pit to the bars so I could drop something on top of the plate but no switches or buttons have been found.

I see there is light above the plate which could imply dropping something from above ground but that doesn't seem logical as there would need to be a magical way above the normal ground level for that to happen.

What must I do to get the second iron key in the slime room?
Vaimsus

Re: Hamlet in the ruins of Desarun

Post by Vaimsus »

You are correct, there is a way to get an item on top of that pressure plate.
SpoilerShow
Look for a hidden button. Not too far away from the door.
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Vaimsus wrote:You are correct, there is a way to get an item on top of that pressure plate.
SpoilerShow
Fun fact:
I've done EVERY other inch of the map except for the Hamlet :-/

Yes, this will be my last area. :mrgreen:
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

on the opposite side of that area (the other iron key hunt, not this one), there is a chest sitting up high on top of a wall. anyone figure out how to get it?
jardin

Post by jardin »

throw something into the darkness :D
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

that worked great; bridge to chest popped right up... wait, wtf?? OUCH. ;)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have gotten this iron key, from the room with slimes, but I cannot find the other one. Help.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Haarukkamies

Post by Haarukkamies »

Vaimsus wrote:You are correct, there is a way to get an item on top of that pressure plate.
SpoilerShow
I thought it might be something stupidly easy since no one asked about it in this thread before me. I simply didn't think to stay near the slimes range to search. Thanks for that.
eLPuSHeR wrote:I have gotten this iron key, from the room with slimes, but I cannot find the other one. Help.
The other key is to the north in the room with the skeletons. There isn't even really a puzzle involved you just have to fight the skeletons.