Beta 2.1.10

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
petri

Beta 2.1.10

Post by petri »

Beta version of patch (build 2.1.10) has been released on Steam. If you want to test the beta, right click on Legend of Grimrock -> Properties -> Betas.

WARNING! Beta build has not been extensively tested yet, so there may be game breaking issues! Backup your save games and be careful!

Release notes:
- fixed typo in a potion description
- improved precision of dual wielding damage calculations
- zarchtons no longer drop harpoons (not intended behavior)
- added missing embalmer's pants to the game
- fixed jeweled scepter's 3D model to fit inside chests
- fixed errors and clarified attribute tooltips
- clarified battle mage description (a magical staff is needed to get the +10 bonus to resistance or protection)
- changed resistance bonuses: strength now affects resist fire, dexterity affects resist shock, vitality affects resist poison and willpower affects resist cold
- added hit sound to pushable blocks (does not apply to old save games)
- optimized opening of automap
- bug fix: buckler's evasion bonus does not work (does not apply to old save games)
- bug fix: knight's shield bonus does not work
- bug fix: max epic items statistics is wrong (should be 17, not 16)
- bug fix: viper roots can spawn under water and die immediately
- bug fix: healing potion effect is played on the wrong portrait if party formation is changed
- bug fix: fireburst and similar spells can be cast inside pushable blocks (does not apply to old save games)
Cancle

Re: Beta 2.1.10

Post by Cancle »

Nice!
Fixed my three biggest concerns!
Saice

Post by Saice »

petri wrote: - fixed errors and clarified attribute tooltips
I'm not going to be at my PC for a few hours. Anyone with the patch installed can you clarify what was changed with the attribute tooltips?

I am assuming the note about Vit and Will effecting HP and Energy on level up was the issue and they do not effect HP or Energy on level up. Since there is not bullet point about that.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
antti

Post by antti »

Saice wrote:
I'm not going to be at my PC for a few hours. Anyone with the patch installed can you clarify what was changed with the attribute tooltips?

I am assuming the note about Vit and Will effecting HP and Energy on level up was the issue and they do not effect HP or Energy on level up. Since there is not bullet point about that.
That's correct. The level up -bit in the description was left there by mistake.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Saice

Post by Saice »

antti wrote:
Saice wrote:

Thanks I sort of figured that was the case.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Lostedge

Post by Lostedge »

- buckler's evasion (does not apply to old save games)

Does this mean that if I started a game already I can not get bonuses from picking up the buckler and equipping it? This is the wrist piece?
antti

Post by antti »

Lostedge wrote:- buckler's evasion (does not apply to old save games)

Does this mean that if I started a game already I can not get bonuses from picking up the buckler and equipping it? This is the wrist piece?
I think you'll still get the bonus for equipping it in the wrist slot. However, if you keep it in your hand, you won't get a bonus.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
thomast8991

Post by thomast8991 »

Nice patch. Would love to see something added to change the portrait and/or names of your characters after staring the adventure.

Bummer Vitality and Willpower don't have longer-term impacts on the game. It creates a cool balance between getting a large bonus now (selecting Tough or Aura) versus a bigger payoff over time (by selecting Healthy or Strong Mind). Now the only reason to get Vitality or Willpower directly will be for the small resistance bonuses change (and Vitality is losing one).

Seems like the attribute bonuses for Willpower and Vitality should increase more to +3 and/or the direct bonuses decrease (maybe from 20 to 15) to balance this differential.
ManiX

Post by ManiX »

Would be great if you could release the beta-patch for the GOG-version, too!
Eldur

Post by Eldur »

antti wrote:
Saice wrote:

Is the higher regeneration rate change in yet? :)
SpoilerShow
Gigabyte GA Z77-D3H (BIOS v.23b)
Intel i5 3570k
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (344.16)
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB CL8 DDR3-1600
Corsair Force GT SSDs 120GB + 240GB / ASUS U3S6
SB X-Fi Elite Pro (6.0.1.1375)