Secret room in sewers

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
atsra

Secret room in sewers

Post by atsra »

In the north end of the sewers there's an odd room with tetris-pieces shapes inside a large pool. On the north-west end of that room there's a chest behind two sealed gates. I've double-checked everywhere in that room (including underwater) for a hidden switch, including
SpoilerShow
in the secret room west of it on the map with the gold lock.
I just can't find it. Anyone knows how to get to the chest? Is it really a hidden switch or something more complicated than that?
Last edited by atsra on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxi

Re: Secret room in sewers

Post by Maxi »

SpoilerShow
You need certain map with this tetris-like shapes on it.
atsra

Post by atsra »

SpoilerShow
That map is found in the sewers or somewhere else?
lazerbw

Post by lazerbw »

atsra wrote:
SpoilerShow
in the secret room west of it on the map with the gold lock.
SpoilerShow
Any chance you found the gold key that is used there? its 1 of the last secrets in sewers for me, the other being the key required to open the wall with the sign "shortcut" next to it.
Also i'm not entirely sure where i got my tetris map but the only other area i went to in this area is the hamlet of stormbreach and i only explored along the beach.
Rossell

Post by Rossell »

Mind spelling it out for the less-puzzle experienced? I've got the map and I'm looking all along the walls of the pieces. Do I need to place the map somewhere specific?
lazerbw

Post by lazerbw »

Rossell wrote:Mind spelling it out for the less-puzzle experienced? I've got the map and I'm looking all along the walls of the pieces. Do I need to place the map somewhere specific?
SpoilerShow
You need to climb the ladders onto each of the platforms in the same order as shown on the map
Rossell

Post by Rossell »

lazerbw wrote:
SpoilerShow
You need to climb the ladders onto each of the platforms in the same order as shown on the map
thank you!
atsra

Post by atsra »

SpoilerShow
Any chance you found the gold key that is used there? its 1 of the last secrets in sewers for me, the other being the key required to open the wall with the sign "shortcut" next to it.
Also i'm not entirely sure where i got my tetris map but the only other area i went to in this area is the hamlet of stormbreach and i only explored along the beach
the thing with golden keys is that there isn't a golden key for each golden lock. the keys are all around and so are the locks, and some people say there are more locks than keys. you will find gold keys along the way, some are easy to find and some aren't. that specific lock has a pretty good shield behind it. some other golden locks has really bad items that aren't worth it.
for the "shortcut" lock, you need to access the "braid room" puzzle in the "hamlet of stormbreach" area.
lazerbw

Post by lazerbw »

atsra wrote:
SpoilerShow
Also i'm not entirely sure where i got my tetris map but the only other area i went to in this area is the hamlet of stormbreach and i only explored along the beach
the thing with golden keys is that there isn't a golden key for each golden lock. the keys are all around and so are the locks, and some people say there are more locks than keys. you will find gold keys along the way, some are easy to find and some aren't. that specific lock has a pretty good shield behind it. some other golden locks has really bad items that aren't worth it.
for the "shortcut" lock, you need to access the "braid room" puzzle in the "hamlet of stormbreach" area.
Thanks alot :)

Yeah i had my suspicions that gold keys worked like that but wasn't 100% sure, i need to start watching what i use my keys on now since i feel like i've already wasted some.
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

Bumping this because I have also missed the map and I would like to know where it is (sewers and hamlet explored).

Edit: found it.
SpoilerShow
It was in the chest at the east sewer exit, which I hadn't figured how to open before now.