How do you take a screenshot?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bbcs168

How do you take a screenshot?

Post by bbcs168 »

i've tried doing it the way google tells me to, but the thing is when i try to paste it onto paint, it just comes out solid black. no photo.

EDIT: the reason why i'm asking is because i want to add pics of my map onto my posts. makes things a lot easier when i could just show the area that i'm talking about instead describing it.
antti

Re: How do you take a screenshot?

Post by antti »

If you're running the game from Steam, you could use Steam's screenshot tool. Its default shortcut is F12 IIRC.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

If you're running the game full screen, screen shots won't always work if you're doing the Print Screen then pasting into a paint program. You will need to run the game in Windowed mode to take screen shots with the print screen button/paste into paint program.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
bbcs168

Post by bbcs168 »

thanks for the help guys
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Feature request:
A "take screenshot" hotkey for LoG2.
It would save them in a folder called "screenshots", which would be in the same directory as the savegames folder.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:Feature request:
A "take screenshot" hotkey for LoG2.
It would save them in a folder called "screenshots", which would be in the same directory as the savegames folder.
That'd be a nice feature, too.

But I just play borderless, and that way it's full screen, full resolution, and just alt tab and open up Paint Shop Pro and paste.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
dj--alex

Post by dj--alex »

If you running game on Linux - Just press PrintScreen
and don't forgot save your screenshots after game

http://cs624628.vk.me/v624628257/6ae3/y_029WZDrkU.jpg
http://cs624628.vk.me/v624628257/6ad9/uSvkyjCcdlk.jpg