Items? Drop or carry?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
NewYears1978

Items? Drop or carry?

Post by NewYears1978 »

This is sorta a dumb question because I am sure I know the answer...since I am an old man who used to play EOB, DM all that stuff. Is there any reason to carry tons of extra crap like 50 shields etc. I assume no, maybe a few to use for pressure plates but otherwise no. There's no selling here (obviously) and I can't think of any other reason but heck, figure I might as well double check before I start dropping my junk.
Dalton

Re: Items? Drop or carry?

Post by Dalton »

As a dungeon veteran you should know what a stash is.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

That's what I've been doing ;) Just wasn't sure how true to those oldies this was..shoulda used my brain eh ;)

Just got to Level 3, it ain't messin around!
richypc

Post by richypc »

I started unloading some of that stuff even using it as counter weights and leaving them behind once I started finding upgrades.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Inventory management becomes a bitch if you loot whore too much later on ^^, I've just been trashing things now, so I have space for potion ingredients and stuff.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

One problem solved, then realized I put all my points in Assassination and Dagger for my rogue. Sounds fine, except I forgot the mechanics of these type games and I have two tanks in front. Therefore my Rogue points are all wasted (unless I want to keep dragging members back and forth)

DOH.

Need save editor to correct mistake.
Andarian Fuchsfell

Post by Andarian Fuchsfell »

No, that's not a problem, because you get a skill in the assassination-tree (skill level 12) that let you attack with your dagger from the backrow.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Andarian Fuchsfell wrote:No, that's not a problem, because you get a skill in the assassination-tree (skill level 12) that let you attack with your dagger from the backrow.
Ah I should have read all the skills all the way through. I already corrected it with Cheat Engine. But I think I will load back as daggers are my "style"
Pajamas

Post by Pajamas »

The best items to carry around are usually ones that a class will be using. So the thief should more then likely be carrying the torch with extras in the bag, along with keys. Mages should, at least I think, the potion making ingredients along with food, basically to act as a healer. Fighters should have extra weapons, armor or health potions for when they are in trouble.

I know this isn't what you asked but outfitting your party with specific roles then suiting them accordingly can lend to a much easier time, also, SPEARS, SPEARS UP THE BUM! I'm kidding, of course about the spear thing.

In D&D and others it is usually best to have a item for every situation, so that you are never not prepared for a encounter of any type. Rope for climbing, torches for seeing and weapons for ranged and close by. Just simply choose a role for your characters and fit them so that they are always ready to either destroy or survive from destruction.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Food is heavy so I would say let a fighter carry it. My mage carries scrolls, notes, herbs, and basically anything that's lightweight but takes up an annoying amount of inventory space.