Anybody else run into a bug?

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
bbcs168

Anybody else run into a bug?

Post by bbcs168 »

I had just bought the game sometime last week and I was really happy to download and play this game. Now after about a 4 hour run, i think i ran into a bug.

I had just survived the trap in the tunnels where you're pretty much surrounded by rats. I was able to get out of that no problem. I backtracked a bit to go and heal my party at the crystal when i noticed a door open that wasn't before. Now here is where I think the bug is; even though the door is open and there are no obstructions blocking me from entering, I cannot go through this doorway. I am able to cast spells onto the next spot on the other side and i am also able to throw knives into said area. I just personally can't go through this part and thus am stuck.

I would be extremely appreciative if I could get some assistance with this issue.
Kahil

Re: Anybody else run into a bug?

Post by Kahil »

The Knights Shield Evasion bonus is not working.
Ashtray

Post by Ashtray »

Tried to change resolution and tabbed to desktop during "loading" screen, game crashed. May be nvidia drivers also and not LOG2 code but really not a big issue, just do not tab to desktop if you change resolution.
Eldur

Post by Eldur »

Rogue 25% penalty instead of 40% when dual-wielding light weapons doesn't work with those light weapons that scale their damage via stength, still is 40% less.
SpoilerShow
Gigabyte GA Z77-D3H (BIOS v.23b)
Intel i5 3570k
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (344.16)
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB CL8 DDR3-1600
Corsair Force GT SSDs 120GB + 240GB / ASUS U3S6
SB X-Fi Elite Pro (6.0.1.1375)
Saice

Post by Saice »

Kahil wrote:The Knights Shield Evasion bonus is not working.
Yeah this is what I have seen I've tried a few combos and it seems the Shield bonus is never given.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Tazzm

Post by Tazzm »

i'm not sure if i've run into a bug or not. i'm at the area in the ..err...scriptorium, or whatever it is, and i need to collect four little figurines. i believe the last figurine is behind a door. there are three alcoves 'minding' the door's lock so to speak, with the labels "scroll", "rock" and "sword" in front of them. having put the respective items in the alcoves, nothing happens. there are no buttons i can find to push. tried swapping around which alcoves the items are placed in too with no luck. so im wondering if its either a bug, or its really being so fussy that my "scroll" has to be SCROLL, and not just the SCroll of shock im using, and the sword has to be a SWORD, and not the longsword i'm using. anyone else found this?

NVM, got it. the game was just being mean the first time around i guess. the items belong in alcoves different to the plaque in front of them.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Ashtray wrote:Tried to change resolution and tabbed to desktop during "loading" screen, game crashed. May be nvidia drivers also and not LOG2 code but really not a big issue, just do not tab to desktop if you change resolution.
Dunno about resolution changes, but doing an Alt-TAB during a "loading" screen (i.e. a quick-load) is a sure way to crash the game.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Ashtray wrote:Tried to change resolution and tabbed to desktop during "loading" screen, game crashed. May be nvidia drivers also and not LOG2 code but really not a big issue, just do not tab to desktop if you change resolution.
Dunno about resolution changes, but doing an Alt-TAB during a "loading" screen (i.e. a quick-load) is a sure way to crash the game.
Confirmed for me too.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
confirmed. Also on "loading screen" on system parameter changes.
antti

Post by antti »

Eldur wrote:Rogue 25% penalty instead of 40% when dual-wielding light weapons doesn't work with those light weapons that scale their damage via stength, still is 40% less.
Thanks for the report! There were some precision errors with the dual wielding calculations that we've now improved and that will be included in the first patch. However, there is no fractional damage in Grimrock so some imprecision due to rounding is still to be expected. :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry