Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 14 is out

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
SnowyOwl47

Re: Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 7 is out

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

And another thing look at the modding page they've made progress!
dancodan

Post by dancodan »

Another great tutorial!

I used that to set up a treasure chamber. The party is forced to go down to retrieve the key on the altar.
I was stupid enough to start doing the trap before I was done with your tutorial, so I extended the time on the boss fight by adding 25 more lines (making health go from 1000, 975, 950 et cetera) before realizing I could just change the timer :roll:

Anyhow, great work.

I might remove the boss sound, and have the fire pits be silent, and activate the sound on em every 900, 800, 700, 600 to have the sensation of the lava geting closer.
But then I need to go in to your script and mess with it, and i KNOW that I will mess things up.
But it's worth a try ;)

Thanks again for the videos. Helping a ton!
DrKojak

Post by DrKojak »

A question about the boss health bars.
Is it possibly to have two separate bars, one on top, one underneath, instead of simply layered over each other like a mess?

http://i.imgur.com/yCwjQRX.jpg
such as in this picture

I'm making a boss fight with a ratling pirate and two tamed wargs, i was trying to get the wargs on a single health bar and the ratling on another healthbar, i succeeded however the healthbars were layered ontop of each other and looked weird, especially the name.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Is there a reason this is not stickied to the top for time being (until some master repository thread). These videos would resolve ~90% of the questions. Anyways, I topped this thread but I have no sticky powers...
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

DrKojak wrote:A question about the boss health bars.
Is it possibly to have two separate bars, one on top, one underneath, instead of simply layered over each other like a mess?

http://i.imgur.com/yCwjQRX.jpg
such as in this picture

I'm making a boss fight with a ratling pirate and two tamed wargs, i was trying to get the wargs on a single health bar and the ratling on another healthbar, i succeeded however the healthbars were layered ontop of each other and looked weird, especially the name.
Not for the time being, maybe we can define our own bossfight entity and then offset the gfx of the healthbar lower then the original, and in that way have 2 bars at the same time.
But until we see the scripting reference it's to early to tell how far we can take this. In the meantime you need to add all the monsters to the same bossfight entity and simple give it a name like "Blackbeard the pirate and his two wargs"

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Gladus

Post by Gladus »

Hey Skuggasveinn!

Im stuck in making receptor puzzle. i have succsesfully made the puzzle but atm you have ounly 1 chance to do it right.Is there any chance you could do video tutorial on how to make puzzles whit receptors and how to script it so you can try again if (in my puzzle) the blob reaches receptor.
(i mean how to reset puzzle)

Heres my puzzle so far. I have timers to tell when spawners spawn blobs that you have to block. When all blobs are blocked door will open.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asidd332mm7bb ... 4.jpg?dl=0

Keep up the good work!
SpacialKatana

Post by SpacialKatana »

Really nice tuts Skuggs, helped blow the cobwebs out of my brain from my LoG1 modding days.

Thanks to you my module for LoG2 is underway, and currently available on Steam as a WIP.

Cheers!
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Great tutorials Skuggs!!
Very informative and useful, thank you for putting in the time to do this :D
DrKojak

Post by DrKojak »

Skuggasveinn wrote:
Not for the time being, maybe we can define our own bossfight entity and then offset the gfx of the healthbar lower then the original, and in that way have 2 bars at the same time.
But until we see the scripting reference it's to early to tell how far we can take this. In the meantime you need to add all the monsters to the same bossfight entity and simple give it a name like "Blackbeard the pirate and his two wargs"

Skuggasveinn.
Yeah, no problem, thanks for the reply, and yep, it works a charm thanks to your videos for helping me out too!
http://i.imgur.com/9pw1C7o.jpg
Skuggasveinn

Re: Editor Tutorials on YouTube - part 8 is out

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Part 8 is out http://youtu.be/T9vM91bLUY8 Buried Treasures

In this part we go into how to create buried treasure chest inside the game, how we can trigger something when you remove something from the chest and we look at an easy way to prevent multible triggers.

We also take a look at how we can dig up something else then a chest and grant exp for the party doing so.

And finally we go into photoshop to create our own treasure map and we bring it inside the game.

Many of you already know all this but but I decided to do this tutorial in the spirit of covering the basics for people who are just getting started.

Skuggasveinn
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.