Grimrock 2 working with WINE

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
SamCube

Grimrock 2 working with WINE

Post by SamCube »

Hey guys, just wanted to share with those with just a Mac. It's playable with WINE!! YAY!
Just 1 condition, no full screen, no full resolution (borderless window)

I'm playing with an iMac 27" 16GB Ram
That's my settings in game:

http://i.imgur.com/y9EGKjN.jpg

Just DOWNLOAD WINESKIN install last engine, create a BLANK warp and then double click on it and install the game (I bought it with the humble store).
And you are ready to play!

Download WINESKIN here:
http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

Correction: You can go Fullscreen as long as it is not your MAX resolution!
kontra

Re: Grimrock 2 working with WINE

Post by kontra »

With Wine 1.7.28 Fully working even in Full Screen

ps. if you use POL don't use a POL directX version but the version bundled with the game.
antti

Post by antti »

What happens when you try to go fullscreen with the full resolution? Or is the resolution just not listed?

If it is not listed, you might be able to get the full resolution by tweaking the grimrock.cfg file with a text editor. I don't know where it is located when using Wine but with Windows, it's in \Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock 2\
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
e8hffff

Post by e8hffff »

Can someone post their regedit for HKCU/wine/direct3d ???

I'm failing under wine (XP mode), using Archlinux, latest Nvidia drivers 343.22-2. Wine = 1.7.28-1

It maybe my wine install.

I'm crashing straight after starting game from character creation.
SamCube

Post by SamCube »

antti wrote:What happens when you try to go fullscreen with the full resolution? Or is the resolution just not listed?

If it is not listed, you might be able to get the full resolution by tweaking the grimrock.cfg file with a text editor. I don't know where it is located when using Wine but with Windows, it's in \Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock 2\
The resolution is listed. At least in Mac OS if you enter the max resolution in FullScreen or borderless it just makes the game to stop working. Just crashes. I could go into full screen using lower resolution. It works flawlessly for me other than that.
kontra

Post by kontra »

e8hffff wrote:Can someone post their regedit for HKCU/wine/direct3d ???
Don't have an such an path in the registry of my wineprefix for grimrock2

edit: would also suggest to check if you have a 32bit prefix cause the 64bit often make problems for me.
Washac

Post by Washac »

I have tried Winskin engine 1.7.28 on Mac using the GoG version, and it will not even install the game let alone play it.

Stops towards the end of the install with an error.

CrossOver does the same :(
Last edited by Washac on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Max resolution fullscreen works perfectly for me on Linux.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Shnatsel

Post by Shnatsel »

I also have full resolution working on Linux, and the game seems to work overall. I've followed the hacks required for LoG1 listed at https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30552

I'm not sure if it's the driver or WINE, but it's too slow for me on WINE on r600g. It's playable on my HD6770 in 1920x1200 on whatever defaults it sets, but barely. On Windows on Catalyst it works fine on highest settings, but forcing MSAA breaks the rendering completely (Catalyst, duh).

By the way, forcing MSAA in r600g on LoG2 running under WINE does nothing, but does not break the game even though it's running through unholy WINE hacks! You know, some of the people asking for native Linux versions are not just whiners. For those with AMD hardware that's the only way to get a non-buggy driver - Catalyst is a wreck and AMD doesn't have open-source drivers for anything else.
Victus

Post by Victus »

So I've been trying to get the game to work in wine, but I keep getting this error "XAudio 2 error in XAudio2Create" and it says to check if my computer meets the mininum specs. Any suggestions?

Edit: Okay I think I found my problem. I bought the game on steam and I downloaded it via a windows version of steam that I have running through wine. So I copied the file and pasted it in a blank wrapper. I just tried starting it with steam (wine version) and it runs.