"Unable to publish project: not enough memory" error

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
WaspUK1966

"Unable to publish project: not enough memory" error

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Ive been trying to upload my created game to the Steam Workshop, but keep getting the above message. I have 8GB installed memory. My exported .DAT file is only 224MB. The exported .DAT file works no problem through the Grimrock dungeon menu, so it isn't a prob with the game file. I checked with Task Manager, and found out that when the Editor is running, the mem usage is approx. 897MB. When I try to upload the game to the Workshop, then get the error message, I notice the grimrock.exe usage jumps from 897MB to about 1.2GB. It stays at this level even when I click on "ok" on the message. But even taking that into consideration, my total Physical mem usage is only 30%, and CPU is at 17%. So that shouldn't be a prob either. Don`t know what to do. Even tried turning off my AV, still didn't work. Ive posted on the steam forums, but haven't had much response yet.
Any help greatly appreciated
George
maneus

Re: "Unable to publish project: not enough memory" error

Post by maneus »

The maximium size for a upload on steam is 100MB. So your dungeon is to big.
Upload it on http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/ and it should work.
petri

Post by petri »

Exporting a large dungeon can use more memory than is available for a 32-bit app. Try setting texture resolution to low before exporting to save memory.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

Setting your graphics to Low quality, then reloading the editor usually fixes this problem. You will not be able to publish to steam, however. Nexus, Gamefront, ModDB are all alternatives, with the Nexus having the most active Grimrock community, and the most complete (Since steam only allows the mods under 100 mb)
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades