Poison healed when resting

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Merundy

Poison healed when resting

Post by Merundy »

When I get poisoned by spiders, I can rest to heal my poison. Is that a bug, or is that a part of the game? Maybe it is my normal difficulty?
maskedhobo

Re: Poison healed when resting

Post by maskedhobo »

It is intentional. You can't always rest so potions are for in battle.
Gotta dungeon crawl before you can dungeon walk...
petri

Post by petri »

Yeah, it's by design.
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

same as Dungeon Master. hp regeneration in restmode > venom.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Hans Von Mannschaft

Post by Hans Von Mannschaft »

Merundy wrote:When I get poisoned by spiders, I can rest to heal my poison. Is that a bug, or is that a part of the game? Maybe it is my normal difficulty?
Noticed that, too, however, it seems to be chance-based, sometimes I rested to full life and poison still remained there, and sometimes the poison wore off by itself while simply walking around the dungeon.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

It sure beats Eye of the Beholder.

I remember that in that game, you get... I think 8 antidotes. And that's it. If you get poisoned more than 8 times it is a death sentence, as you don't learn Neutralize Poison until much, much past the spider den area.

And yes I know there is an NPC who can heal you, but he only heals you like once per in-game week.
Minax

Post by Minax »

You can what? Now I feel stupid. I think my fighters chugged down at least 7 antivenom potions on the third floor.

I tried to rest at first but the poison persisted through it (only waited for about 10 seconds though, so that might be it). On the plus side, that made the third floor a lot more intense. :D
"Oh what secrets we could tell if you'd listen and be still
Rid the stink and the noise from our skirts
But you haven't got the clue and perhaps you never will
Mute we stand on the cold plains of Wiltshire "
marcuz99

Post by marcuz99 »

Dalton wrote:It sure beats Eye of the Beholder.

I remember that in that game, you get... I think 8 antidotes. And that's it. If you get poisoned more than 8 times it is a death sentence, as you don't learn Neutralize Poison until much, much past the spider den area.

And yes I know there is an NPC who can heal you, but he only heals you like once per in-game week.
I loved/hated that in EoB, because I'm aracnophobiac and I was really shaken each time I passed that part.
I figured then to run past the whole first two levels of the spider infested area and go build up experience in the Kenku level, then backtrack.
I kinda hoped for that too here, I'm not a fan of Neverwinter Night kind of use of poison (battle oriented).