Any chance of Almost Human do a Champions of Norrath - BGDA

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
userwords

Any chance of Almost Human do a Champions of Norrath - BGDA

Post by userwords »

Titles so short limit XD

Any chance Almost Human could bring back to glory a hack and slash game in the line of Champions of Norrath and Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance

You are doing so an amazing work with dungeon crawler adventure genre.

And i cannot think of a better companion for Legend of Grimrock.

So Almost Human can alternate each other line and get a broader audience from RPG lovers.

This line of games would have not secrets, no crawling looking for hiddens, no looking for buttons or traps. Only armies of enemies, sometimes in bunches others with powerful foes. Any weapon, armor, scroll, or whtever would be behind a strong enemy.

Open map where you grind as you need on each area until you can defeat the foe guarding the entrance to next level. So you grind and explore, and you decide when you can get pass the enemy. Grinding and exploring exotic areas is what hack and slash players love. And tons of levels and spells and attacks, as hack and slash asks for far more leveling rewards to keep the interest, even if those are only minor in power, but with lot of variety.

This let Almost Human to use this new line to improve character and enemy model, and scenarios varieties to an atonishing amount. You could even share them to some point so when you make a Legend of Grimrock most of the work goes in improving puzzles and story.

So each line help the other to make it even better, being both compatible in terms of workflow and with similar surroundings.

I can only guess how amazing could be the Almost Human hack and slash game.
petri

Re: Any chance of Almost Human do a Champions of Norrath - B

Post by petri »

I love Dark Alliance. Beat the game at least three times. But then there's Diablo 3 (console version), which is pretty close.
userwords

Re: Any chance of Almost Human do a Champions of Norrath - B

Post by userwords »

Dark Alliance is the top for me in this genre. What i see is there are already let say propietary gameplay features in Legend of Grimrock that could perfectly fit in a hack and slash. So chances are that a new game could offer a neverseen way of playing them. Also not having puzzles and sharing lot of character creation and others should limit efforts put aside of Grimrock to less than 100% to make the other. And the fan base is big enough to propel any new game anyway. All you can find are awesome reviews of Grimrock, 1 and 2. So obssesed XD being a countryside myself i enjoy forests everyday and love to fantasy with those mitical creatures than someday could be confused with semigods. Who knows what we left back in time 20k years ago in those times of High Adventures XD