Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
BouH

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by BouH »

Alino wrote:Here's an idea -

What if they went back to their roots and did a MASSIVE dungeon, where each floor was twice the size of the current ones (Aka, bigger maps per floor.) And it had the multi-floor support and the occassional cave and such.
Here's another idea, maybe they do at least anything, at least announce that work is in progress. I kinda pissed off, I got my insane ironman like almost 2 years ago, also I beat Toorum mode on hard with old school. I want something new from this guys :evil:
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

BouH wrote:
Alino wrote:Here's an idea -
What if they went back to their roots and did a MASSIVE dungeon, where each floor was twice the size of the current ones (Aka, bigger maps per floor.) And it had the multi-floor support and the occassional cave and such.
Here's another idea, maybe they do at least anything, at least announce that work is in progress. I kinda pissed off, I got my insane ironman like almost 2 years ago, also I beat Toorum mode on hard with old school. I want something new from this guys :evil:
There was some time between LOG1 and LOG2. The guys are probably enjoying a little, well deserved vacation time (after getting the game all patched up and as bug free as possible)... and with the Dungeon Editor, if you're looking for something - some people have made some amazing LOG2 custom dungeons - you could give those a swing, to take up some time (and I am sure the creators would love feedback on their custom dungeons!). Once the guys of AlmostHuman have decided what to do next (they probably want to come up with something new; because LOG to LOG2 was a big change!) and don't want to just dish out the same thing. So I'd say - check out the custom stuff - and if there's an LOG3 in the works, if we've not heard anything, it's probably because they're still brewing up ideas. :)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I think, if log 3 ever comes out. It will be fine.

Sure 1 adventure would be made, in log 2 just as the future log 3, and modders like you guys will inprove it,

I for 1 for 1 like log 1 the most. Sure log2 was great. I loved it, but my personal feeling goes back to being trapped in a dungeon. It just has this feeling about feeling trapped and find a way out.
I'm sure, if A.H ever release LoG 3 it can't be much different to log 1 and 2.
1 and 2 was and is good.

Its what people make of it.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

trancelistic wrote:I think, if log 3 ever comes out. It will be fine.
Sure 1 adventure would be made, in log 2 just as the future log 3, and modders like you guys will inprove it,
I for 1 for 1 like log 1 the most. Sure log2 was great. I loved it, but my personal feeling goes back to being trapped in a dungeon. It just has this feeling about feeling trapped and find a way out. I'm sure, if A.H ever release LoG 3 it can't be much different to log 1 and 2.
1 and 2 was and is good.
Its what people make of it.
For me, I enjoyed LOG2 more, because it offered changes of scenery - and thus, you weren't always checking every wall to see if you missed a (secret) button. That's why I would like, as a Skill, some kind of "Spot" skill - so that there's a % chance of spotting a button on a wall as you pass it through the character (maybe saying, "Look! A button!" Or whatever). Wizardry 8 did this (I believe 6 and 7 did too?) - and it was quite nice. So I wasn't taking a step forward, then immediately doing a 180 to look at the wall to the left and the right of me, and ensure I am not missing a button.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Sir Tawmis wrote:For me, I enjoyed LOG2 more, because it offered changes of scenery - and thus, you weren't always checking every wall to see if you missed a (secret) button. That's why I would like, as a Skill, some kind of "Spot" skill - so that there's a % chance of spotting a button on a wall as you pass it through the character (maybe saying, "Look! A button!" Or whatever). Wizardry 8 did this (I believe 6 and 7 did too?) - and it was quite nice. So I wasn't taking a step forward, then immediately doing a 180 to look at the wall to the left and the right of me, and ensure I am not missing a button.
I seem to like LoG1 better ~aside from scripting; I would love for them to make a remaster of LoG1 using the LoG2 scripting engine. I'm not exactly sure why I like LoG1 better, but I think it's color pallet and tile-set related.

**As for secret doors, Lands of Lore also had the party call out near secrets, and while I liked the effect, I honestly prefer finding these on my own ~or never. A good map should point to the secret in some near obvious way, and not simply pepper the walls with random ones for random sake... It shouldn't be a case of worrying if one missed a secret for not scrutinizing every tile, but rather that the existence of a secret in the area becomes more and more apparent, until the player decides there must be one, and sets out to find it.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote:
Sir Tawmis wrote:For me, I enjoyed LOG2 more, because it offered changes of scenery - and thus, you weren't always checking every wall to see if you missed a (secret) button. That's why I would like, as a Skill, some kind of "Spot" skill - so that there's a % chance of spotting a button on a wall as you pass it through the character (maybe saying, "Look! A button!" Or whatever). Wizardry 8 did this (I believe 6 and 7 did too?) - and it was quite nice. So I wasn't taking a step forward, then immediately doing a 180 to look at the wall to the left and the right of me, and ensure I am not missing a button.
I seem to like LoG1 better ~aside from scripting; I would love for them to make a remaster of LoG1 using the LoG2 scripting engine. I'm not exactly sure why I like LoG1 better, but I think it's color pallet and tile-set related.
**As for secret doors, Lands of Lore also had the party call out near secrets, and while I liked the effect, I honestly prefer finding these on my own ~or never. A good map should point to the secret in some near obvious way, and not simply pepper the walls with random ones for random sake... It shouldn't be a case of worrying if one missed a secret for not scrutinizing every tile, but rather that the existence of a secret in the area becomes more and more apparent, until the player decides there must be one, and sets out to find it.
I remember Lands of Lore! What I like is you have to "sacrifice" to dump skill points as you level into the "Spot" skill. You don't get it automatically. So "Secrets" could have a percentage of being spotted based on a character's Spot skill. So for example, if you don't dump any (or enough) points in Spot skill, it's rarely going to be beneficial. But if you dump a lot of points, then skills like daggers, swords, swimming, magic, etc - all take a hit then. So it's not like having the Spot skill promises to reveal secrets.

As for a good map; I agree. But LOG1 has MORE than a lot of rooms that are simply "one" hex inside; and inside there's a piece of armor, or a weapon, that's magical, or part of a set. So even a good map won't reveal if a map hex is only going one or two squares in.
porter

Post by porter »

My GF got me both I and II recently. I love the gameplay. It reminds me of Wizardry 8 by Sir-Tech. I'm used to setting everyone's attack (either turn based or continuous combat).

LoG has the added challenge of the grid and 100% user activated attacks (e.g: I can't set a barbarian to melee and have him attack every round based on a preset). So far, so good. Though I keep getting surrounded by skeletons and dying... I must learn to live, then live to learn - then rinse and repeat.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

porter wrote:My GF got me both I and II recently. I love the gameplay. It reminds me of Wizardry 8 by Sir-Tech. I'm used to setting everyone's attack (either turn based or continuous combat).

LoG has the added challenge of the grid and 100% user activated attacks (e.g: I can't set a barbarian to melee and have him attack every round based on a preset). So far, so good. Though I keep getting surrounded by skeletons and dying... I must learn to live, then live to learn - then rinse and repeat.
If you're in the skeleton room that opens doors when you step on a plate, keep in mind, the skeletons come out of a nook - you can run into the nook to prevent being surrounded and only face the forward enemy. :)

And if you're not in that room - remember, before you get surrounded - back up to a door that closes - and close the door on the skeletons - and open it only when you're ready to fight them!

And cheers for knowing Wizardry 8!
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

I really liked Wizardry 8..except for the battles which i thought were far, far too long.

Hoping for news of something Grimrock 3 related some time soon. Fingers crossed!
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

andyroosta wrote:I really liked Wizardry 8..except for the battles which i thought were far, far too long.
Yes, that's true - because you'd encounter like five or six people/things each time... So it made it quite long...

I always found it odd, when certain things would be "teamed up" during an encounter - like the bugs, with the green slime things...