Clicking on portraits

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Dafoof

Clicking on portraits

Post by Dafoof »

I noticed than clicking on portraits to toggle a character dialog tolerates no cursor movement whatsoever: when you are over a portrait, and even if your cursor only moves a teensy little bit while you click (which is quite common, since you generally move the cursor from the central region of the screen to the lower right corner, and then while finishing your mvt you click on the character), then it is interpreted as dragging a character to another slot. May I suggest a more lenient threshold between dialog toggling and slot dragging? A solution would be to accept tiny mouse mvts during the click (say in a 1 or 2 pixel neighborhood), without interpreting that as dragging. Another solution would be to measure the time the button is pressed before release: under some threshold, say a quarter of a second, is is a click and hence dialog toggling, and otherwise it becomes a dragging operation. What do you think of that?
Dandy

Re: Clicking on portraits

Post by Dandy »

Ah! I was wondering what was wrong with my mouse. I had to repeatedly click on the portraits to get any results. Me thinks, needs a fix. ;)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
petri

Post by petri »

Ok... did you notice you can also toggle character sheets with keys 1-4?
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

petri wrote:Ok... did you notice you can also toggle character sheets with keys 1-4?
Trust you to start spouting technical jargon at us, just fix the mouse already. :D
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Dafoof

Post by Dafoof »

petri wrote:Ok... did you notice you can also toggle character sheets with keys 1-4?
Yep (I actually also posted in the ESC key thread ;) ). I prefer using key bindings indeed, but when I use the mouse I would love it to work in 100%... Sorry for nitpicking, but such an amazing game deserves a perfect UI experience. :)
Last edited by Dafoof on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Not really a big deal, but with my 3600 dpi mouse, I also find this rather frustrating at times, even though most of the time I use the keys for toggling characters.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I found this to, especially during combat, I'd be frantically cliking on a character and trying use a healing potion and it wouldn't change! I was like WAAAAH!!! Then I died... :(

Maybe the amount of movement required to drag/open could be tweaked slightly? :) (No bigee though, deal with other stuff first)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Fonzman

Post by Fonzman »

Ahm. A simple fix would be just using right-click on the faces? It works like left-click.