IOS app of the century?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Mar-x

IOS app of the century?

Post by Mar-x »

Anyone else here suspect that if the IOS version of LoG is anything like the PC version the Almost Human team are going to be millionaires?
I am so impressed by how this old genre has not lost any of it's appeal.. It just needed some new clothes and a new audience.. Can you imagine when this hits the portable market.. I was imagining playing this on the ipad3 on the bus or train.. The whole interface seems to indicate it would be awesome for touch..
Can't wait to see how it all pans out.
askjosh

Re: IOS app of the century?

Post by askjosh »

I totally agree with you on this one. I would love to see the game made for the iPad and Android OS
Mar-x

Post by Mar-x »

Hehe my bad, Sorry Android os.. I mentioned IOS only because it was part of the original dev plan.. This game is so good it should be available to all gamers.. The industry needs a good schooling in what makes games fun to play!!
Christian020

Post by Christian020 »

like I already said, an iOS Version of Grimlock is indispensable.... and I just can beg to release it as soon as possible..... :?
spfiota

Post by spfiota »

LoG on one of the new iPads would be mindblowing. I'm not the sort to replay old games, but if they released new content for the iOS version I'd totally buy a copy. And I'd be forever loyal if the good folks at Almost Human showed a little decency and offered coupons to early adopters of the game to get the iOS version at discount.
peppercat

Post by peppercat »

I have one of the new iPads and I'll back up your statement. The screen on that thing is better than my laptop's. The game would look amazing and the simpler controls would really translate well into a tablet environment. I'd definitely get a tablet version if it comes out. Putting the save game to the cloud so you can play on any device would be awesome too.
gambit37

Post by gambit37 »

An iPad version would be awesome indeed. A lot of challenges to overcome with the interface though: there's no concept of "right mouse click" or "hover" on touch screens, so the interface needs to be significantly re-engineered for that. Not a straightforward undertaking at all... but I know that the guys at Almost Human can pull it off :-)
peppercat

Post by peppercat »

ah, yeah. Never thought of the hover or right click. good points. nothing is ever as easy as it seems lol
gambit37

Post by gambit37 »

I'm a web and interface designer, and I find challenges like this very interesting. A lot of the core gameplay would translate well to touch and gestures. Combat might work simply by touching the centre of the screen after you've selected your weapons/spells. Movement would be easy using swipe gestures, and inventory management should be straightforward enough using standard drag/drop operations.

However, there are a lot of subtle mechanics in LoGs interface that don't have an immediately obvious solution. I'm very interested to see how the guys solve all these issues. (Perhaps it's worth mentioning I'm currently available for consultancy :D :D )
Eric Little

Post by Eric Little »

If you are looking for an old school RPG for iPad or iPhone, look for Silversword, it's Bard's Tale in 2012 :)