Damned spiders!

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
notchris

Damned spiders!

Post by notchris »

I keep getting poisoned, and as a result my 2 front guys are constantly obliterated.
I've burned though all my anti-venom after about 3 encounters and now I keep having to run back to a rez stone every time I get hit by one.

Any advice?
Poomermon

Re: Damned spiders!

Post by Poomermon »

Don't let them hit you? Seriously those spiders were a pain in the ass but you can rest even when poisoned and the poison will eventually cure itself.
notchris

Post by notchris »

Hah! Well, the first part is obvious. (But stupidly I tend to get caught in corners and subsequently raped from all angles.)
And ahh, I did not know that. I presumed if I rested they would just die after some time.
Thanks!
Rednecksith

Post by Rednecksith »

Even moving around, you're going to get hit. Damned things are so fast, you'd need the finger dexterity and coordination of someone half my age to avoid getting hit at all. Definitely my most hated enemy so far.
Sometimes I wish the world was flat so I could push people off.
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

I agree those spiders are getting me nervous!!! Everytime i hear their steps i am afraid. I always beat only one at a time its easy but to kill two of them at a time? Not a chance. Now i am stuck in level 3 with 4 spiders and i cant kill them.
EDIT: Now I have found possibly the worst place in this game :-) Level 3 spiders spiders spiders everywhere - there is a note on the floor saying something like "...I have to watch my back the spiders are everywhere..." :-)))
Last edited by tantalan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Yeah... spiders are my current nightmare. Room with 4-6 spiders in it just raaaaped me. (not from swarming, simply because I don't have enough mana to kill 4-6 spiders >.<)
skrir

Post by skrir »

If possible, try to stay in the doorway, so you're only fighting them one at a time, then just close the door once you've finished one off. Take a nap, then open the door.
~ Kristian
Rednecksith

Post by Rednecksith »

skrir wrote:If possible, try to stay in the doorway, so you're only fighting them one at a time, then just close the door once you've finished one off. Take a nap, then open the door.
This is what I did for the spider rooms. Get a spell ready, open door, have everyone attack once, cast spell, close door. Repeat as necessary. Usually the spider only got one attack off, sometimes none. It's a slow and kind of cheesy way to do it, but it works.

Just finished level 3, and if I never see another spider again it'll be too soon...
Sometimes I wish the world was flat so I could push people off.
Dimmey

Post by Dimmey »

Yes Spider are my favorite hate monster :shock:

they can only be topped by little teleporting thiefes that steel your weapons... hope those were left out the game...or not :mrgreen:
TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE »

It seems that if you destroy the eggs that are scattered over the floor, more spiders will spawn somewhere in the current level.
YOU NOW PROSSESS DRACULA'S RIB!