N00b Question Re: STEAM vs Local install

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Phlimm

N00b Question Re: STEAM vs Local install

Post by Phlimm »

Pardon my ignorance, but I preordered a Steam Key and when there were problems with that I DLed the standalone version and installed it. I am having a tech issue ATM but once that is resolved...

Will activating my Steam version render my standalone install non playable? I want to be able to play LoG even if I am not online. If Steam will do that I shall remove it from my library.
petri

Re: N00b Question Re: STEAM vs Local install

Post by petri »

They both work.
Fonzman

Post by Fonzman »

And the best thing: I just noticed the same savegames are available in both! I just figured where to copy those .SAV files ... but no, that was Eye of the Beholder and the year was 1992 .. *lol*
Phlimm

Post by Phlimm »

So I'l be able to have the Steam install AND the standalone on the same machine and they will not interfere with one another? The only reason I ask is that when the Steam DL started, I thought I saw a popup that said something like "LoG will now run exclusively through Steam". But it closed before I could get a good look at it and I just want to be absolutely certain that I don't force myself to only play online only.
petri

Post by petri »

Yes, that's right. But please note that you won't get achievements if you play the standalone version because it obviously does not have Steam connectivity.