Request: centered interface (for Eyefinity/Surround)

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
ztorm

Request: centered interface (for Eyefinity/Surround)

Post by ztorm »

The game looks great on Eyefinity/Surround displays, but gameplay is a different story...

With the interface sticking to the right edge of the display, LoG being a mouse-centric game is barely playable.
What's more, the automap screen is messed up.

Would it be possible to confine the interface to the central area of the display ?
Last edited by ztorm on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crashbanito

Re: Request: centered interface

Post by Crashbanito »

Wow, the amount of screen real-estate you're given with that setup must really give you an advantage. :lol:
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
ztorm

Post by ztorm »

I'm not looking for an advantage. I just love brick walls !
cokebottle

Post by cokebottle »

:o :o :o
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

ztorm wrote: Would it be possible to confine the interface to the central area of the display ?
This is exactly what I came up with in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=323#p4152

Yeah, I think they should do it.
Ice

Post by Ice »

It's probably better if you just play on one display in either case, because the game has a locked horizontal FOV which means that your vertical FOV is cut if you have a really wide display set-up.

The interface should, I believe, be customizable. Guild Wars has a pretty good example of a really easy to customize UI. You can enter a customization mode and drag/drop every element as well as resize them. This would be a fantastic addition, in my opinion.
MDK

Post by MDK »

Ice wrote:It's probably better if you just play on one display in either case, because the game has a locked horizontal FOV which means that your vertical FOV is cut if you have a really wide display set-up..
This is not true at all. I took a screenshot standing in the same place in both 1920x1080 and 5760x1080 resolutions (3x the horizontal resolution). Then I layered them in photoshop. In terms of FOV the 2 images align perfectly. The only visible difference between the 2 images is from torch flickering. If I could take those 2 screenshots in the exact same moment they would probably be 99.99% identical in the middle.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/ ... OVtest.jpg
The Black&white part of the image is the 1920x1080 screenshot.
Ice

Post by Ice »

Huh, that's interesting. It was like that in the tech demo, so maybe it's been changed since.

I still play in 4:3 though, since it does give me more vision than 16:9. Maybe beyond that point it just adds to the sides. No clue though, I don't use multiply displays that way, haha.
ported

Post by ported »

ztorm wrote:Would it be possible to confine the interface to the central area of the display ?
Seconded!!! This game looks great across 3 screens, we just need a way to pull the UI closer to the center (and the map screen).
Crashbanito wrote:Wow, the amount of screen real-estate you're given with that setup must really give you an advantage. :lol:
In this game, it's immersion factor more than FOV advantage. :D
ztorm

Post by ztorm »

Cheers Mameluk !
Check first post for another reason to center the interface: the automap.