Black screen when playing?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Knobjockey

Black screen when playing?

Post by Knobjockey »

So I've just bought and installed the game via steam. The main menu when i start is completely black except for the fire aswell as the text "Legend of Grimrock" everything works fine creating a party and watching the little slideshow, but as soon as I am about to play the game is completely dark except for the numerous torches on the walls, it's not natural darkness because the torches does not illuminate the walls.

I've tried playing around with the settings aswell as verifying and defragmenting the game but so far no changes whatsoever. Have i missed something simple here or what? 'cuz I'd really like to give the game a shot but it's gonna be hard if i can't see enemies.

Thanks in advance :)
Klukitsi

Re: Black screen when playing?

Post by Klukitsi »

During the hardware test they ran in Beta stage I ran across the same problem, and disabling forced anti-aliasing from graphic card drivers fixed it.
crossover

Post by crossover »

Klukitsi wrote:During the hardware test they ran in Beta stage I ran across the same problem, and disabling forced anti-aliasing from graphic card drivers fixed it.
This. For AMD/ATI cards, go to Gaming -> 3D Application Settings -> SMOOTHVISION HD: Anti-Aliasing -> Use application settings in the control center.
petri

Post by petri »

This is a known issues with some ATI drivers. Nothing we can do really. So the only option seems to turn off forced antialiasing in driver settings.
guigr

Post by guigr »

Thanks for the tip. I encountered the same issue.
Knobjockey

Post by Knobjockey »

I did actually have to turn on Anti-Aliasing apparently, it works perfectly now though.
The game is devouring me whole, so good I don't know what to do. Much appreciated for the assistance so I can enjoy this terrific piece of lost art :)