Help at Level 3 start

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Alexander

Help at Level 3 start

Post by Alexander »

Hey, guys.
I apologize for opening a topic for something like this, I don't usually do this on forums and I didn't see any section for hints, so here goes.
I'm completely stuck at the start of level 3. I've read the hint "A lone pillar of light stands alone in the night", I've tried every possible combination regarding "a lone pillar of light" with the torches and still completely nothing. I've rested to make sure that's done as well.
So I need some major help after 30 minutes on that single puzzle and I also want to make sure it's not a bug on my part. So any further (small, big) hints are appreciated.
Anton

Re: Help at Level 3 start

Post by Anton »

What the... First, why do you have the game? Second, SPOILERS?!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Spoilers indeed, but nothing major yet because I didn't reveal any solution to any puzzle.
I'm playing the game because I'm reviewing it for http://computergames.ro/
cardman

Post by cardman »

stone of light - seen that on a youtube demo

look for button on wall or soemthing.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Nothing about that puzzle on Youtube. And I've already checked the whole room for 30 minutes. I've mostly breezed through the rest of the puzzles until now, hope it's not a bug on my part.
schallmau3r

Post by schallmau3r »

worst editor _ever_
cardman

Post by cardman »

no i watched a full demo on youtube it lasted for about 25 - 30 mins

and that puzzle u mentioned was in the demo that they showed.

You obviously new to these games - but look on the wall is a hidden button or something.

Ill go see if can find the demo again

Also the button dont look like a button either - is corner of a brick or something.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I got the idea of asking for help from RPS' John Walker's article. Anyway, as I said I've gone through every puzzle until here and now I got stuck big time.
*Cardman, I'll try to look for that video even though I've already seen most LoG videos in the past days. I'm only new to LoG, not to quality RPGs.
Lex

Post by Lex »

schallmau3r wrote:worst editor _ever_
^ This.

It is really "not wise" move to post something like that on official forum knowing that game is NOT released yet.
It will only increase "bad feelings" in minds of many people seeing how high this game is anticipated.
custom Legend of Grimrock printable DVD box insert and disc label: link
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Spoilers without spoiler tags on a forum for a game that hasn't been released, and thus nobody could answer you anyway. Are you trolling or really that unprofessional?