[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AnnElfwind

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Might be able to progress then, only problem is where are the elemental rooms :) LOL I haven't read any wall texts saying about them.
this is the fourth level, the testament, right? i think you might have lost me...
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Yes it's the testament levels, I did the one with the annoying pits you can't get out of (stupid design with no way out of each especially for people who like to jump in them looking for secrets like me) :) LOL I came to a corridor with switches on the wall leading to different areas through the teleport when you pressed them, the final switch took me to a new section where i got the scroll from about the mage but that's as far as I got. I only have 3 of the powered scrolls and the library is empty (they could have respawned them just in case you use one). So I can't get the secret or move on.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Yes it's the testament levels, I did the one with the annoying pits you can't get out of (stupid design with no way out of each especially for people who like to jump in them looking for secrets like me) :) LOL I came to a corridor with switches on the wall leading to different areas through the teleport when you pressed them, the final switch took me to a new section where i got the scroll from about the mage but that's as far as I got. I only have 3 of the powered scrolls and the library is empty (they could have respawned them just in case you use one). So I can't get the secret or move on.
im sorry, but im stull not sure where exactly on the testament level you are... did you pass the sea of flesh?
could you mabe post a map with your location marked?
it might be easier to help you then...
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

I've done the Testament level and the sea of flesh. I went down to the next level with the green glowing pits and the hallway that changes shape and done everything in there and went back up the stairs after which is when I found the wall with the buttons on it and a teleporter that took me to the area with the mage knows scroll and nowhere else to go but an area with metal bars and a demon head. I'll try to take a screenshot of the level tomorrow and post, hopefully it'll help :) Not sure how to attach an image though on here.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:I've done the Testament level and the sea of flesh. I went down to the next level with the green glowing pits and the hallway that changes shape and done everything in there and went back up the stairs after which is when I found the wall with the buttons on it and a teleporter that took me to the area with the mage knows scroll and nowhere else to go but an area with metal bars and a demon head. I'll try to take a screenshot of the level tomorrow and post, hopefully it'll help :) Not sure how to attach an image though on here.
Okay, I think I know where you are. The scroll refers to a secret on the testament level, that at this point is no longer accesible. As for the teleporter, each button sets the teleporter to port you to a different place. The treasury button is only usable if you discovered the secret on third floor in the architect's chamber.
If you do post the map, I might be able to help even more, as from the top of my head, I don't remember the exact layout of the levels.. Especially the lower ones.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

All the buttons work to take me to their locations. Just have no idea where to head next now. I've got the map saved ready to upload. Do you know how to add an image to the post? Can't see an option for it other than a URL.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:All the buttons work to take me to their locations. Just have no idea where to head next now. I've got the map saved ready to upload. Do you know how to add an image to the post? Can't see an option for it other than a URL.
Image... Image...
I think you have to upload the image itself somwhere else and then post it here using the Img button, where you insert the url.

I'm trying to remember where to go after the twisting corridors, but for the love of god, I can't recal... The map will help me, hopefully. :)

I remember there's a big-ass secret in the glowing pits as well as several secrets in the twisting corridors. I think that in the twisting corridors you have to fall down a pit somwhere... I think it's located somwhere in the lower left part of the map and it will take you to level 7, the golem factory, wehre there's another big-ass secret, that I think is not worth the trouble though.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Hopefully this'll work and you'll be able to view it :) I didn't find a hidden location in the twisted corridors or a pit and the locations sealed off to me now. There's only a certain route you can take down there if you re-enter it.

https://web.cloud.virginmedia.com/?shar ... 61e50f9652

https://web.cloud.virginmedia.com/?shar ... e4b8a83af6
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Hopefully this'll work and you'll be able to view it :) I didn't find a hidden location in the twisted corridors or a pit and the locations sealed off to me now. There's only a certain route you can take down there if you re-enter it.

https://web.cloud.virginmedia.com/?shar ... 61e50f9652

https://web.cloud.virginmedia.com/?shar ... e4b8a83af6
You will still be able to access the pit secret, but it doesn't have that much...
*cough
SpoilerShow
light spell
cough*
Though from the look of the maps, you found it.

Okay, twisted corridors. What's on the map is all you uncovered so far?
If so and you're stuck, then just find your way back to the place where there are the three presurre plates. You have to go through that place three times. :)

It took me a while to remember the way even with the maps, but It did jog my memory quite a bit. :)
So hopefully, now you will be able to proceed.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Okay got through there and now come to a little maze area with lettered levers. Pulled all of them and nothing, pulled them in letter sequence (A-U), well all the letters there are in sequence and nothing. I can hear gates opening with the odd one or two of them from a distance . The clue was say my name and I'll lead you out of here. What name though :) LOL