[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by Komag »

This sounds like one I'll have to try one of these days. I'm starting to build a short playlist of dungeons that sound pretty solid and complete and higher quality.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

I've managed to escape the halls, in 12 hours (play time of the last save game), 22/44 secrets., (obviously) 3/3 treasures. Thanks again Adrageron.

I will definitely play again and try to find all the secrets. I had 3 keys at hand unused. (BTW, how do you enter the area opened by the pressure plate in front of hall of destruction door?)

Some battles were hard (for me) even though I played with easy setting. But in the end, it wouldn't give this much satisfaction if it were too easy.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Komag wrote:This sounds like one I'll have to try one of these days. I'm starting to build a short playlist of dungeons that sound pretty solid and complete and higher quality.
Thanks and welcome to the Halls.
xhantos wrote:I've managed to escape the halls, in 12 hours (play time of the last save game), 22/44 secrets., (obviously) 3/3 treasures
Thanks for your feedback, xhantos!
I will definitely play again and try to find all the secrets.
It would be an interesting run, some secrets are really hard to find. Keep me tuned, please.
(BTW, how do you enter the area opened by the pressure plate in front of hall of destruction door?)
Well... It's a secret! :mrgreen:
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

Adrageron wrote: It would be an interesting run, some secrets are really hard to find. Keep me tuned, please.
OK, I will post my progress here - and update this post as necessary.

Level 1 finished with 10 secrets. All secrets found.
SpoilerShow
Level 2 finished with 7 new secrets (One secret located at Level1 and one at Level3).
SpoilerShow
Level 3 finished with 4 new secrets (One secret located at Level4)

It seems I consistently keep missing 1 secret at each level :( I will search for them before going forward to the testament...

Level 4 [part 1] finished with 2 new secrets. (jumped down the pit to L5).
SpoilerShow
(1) NW of Elemental Madness
(2) SE of Sea of Flesh
Level 4 [part 2] finished with 0 additional secrets. (Entered L5 from Bastion South exit).

Update: Jan 1, 2013, These days I don't have much time for gaming. I will surely update this post with my progress, but not soon it seems.
Last edited by xhantos on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:22 am, edited 17 times in total.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

xhantos wrote:OK, I will post my progress here - and update this post as necessary.
Great!
- Found my 23rd secret before starting over.
SpoilerShow
Went back to Golem Factory (before placing the 3rd treasure). Somehow the re-spawns seems ended and I was able to get my prison keys and unlock my next secret. This one is not really a secret secret but when the level was crowded I barely had the chance to do the required things.
SpoilerShow
I will think about lowering spawn rate at this level. Seems like it is too hard to explore with current "minion balance".
Below is some secret info about secrets 8-)
SpoilerShow
Number of secrets, that can be found after completing each level
Level 1: 10 secrets
Level 2: 8 sectrets
Level 3: 5 sectrets
Level 4: 4 sectrets
Level 5: 4 sectrets
Level 6: 7 sectrets
Level 7: 2 sectrets
Level 9: 4 sectrets
Last edited by Adrageron on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Hi, guys, i´ve ben playing this mod for a while, currently on the 3rd floor. I´m stuck right now...
SpoilerShow
Maybe it's a problem of language barrier, 'cause i´m not a native english speaker, but I don't know what one of those devil head wants to eat: "serf's wrapping. tried many things with no luck. Also the other one saying "bring me your dragon" or something like that is still a mystery.

Heard here that there is a 9th head somewhere, where is located?

Anyway grabing some more keys from those demon head will make my progress at least a bit, so I´m here waiting for your help :)
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

Hi leewroy,
SpoilerShow
A serf is similar to a peasant.
You will know when you have something that is in the shape of a dragon.
9th head will appear only after other 8 heads are satisfied.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Xhantos, thanks for replying.

Huh...now makes sense, I bet I know what is it he wants. If I´m wrong I´ll let you know...and then you'll hear my scream for help again, lol
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I wanted to play this. A shame it's forbidden.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Har de har har! :lol:
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play