Final Battle Help

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mcolton

Final Battle Help

Post by mcolton »

I have the Weapon of Power, zapped the Undying many times and have taken the Infuser, the Ore, the Bladed Gear, and the Steel Gear from him.
Now what. I hit him with every weapon I have and bombs and only get zeroes
What haven't I done
steyrhahn

Re: Final Battle Help

Post by steyrhahn »

SpoilerShow
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I've always thrown the re-removed parts down to L13 again. Maybe that's a requirement?
Otherwise, eventually the cube starts mumbling things like "i'm hurt"or something. Then a few more bombs or hits and you're a winner.
SpoilerShow
Do you have the 4 parts on you personally? maybe the cube picks them back up if they're laying around where he can roll over them?
Komag

Post by Komag »

I dunno, I thought that was it. Are you SURE you got all four parts?
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

Yes. Just checked again. My main character has all 4.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

mcolton wrote:Yes. Just checked again. My main character has all 4.
throw them down a hole. lets see what happens
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

I dropped the 4 items on the 13th level, went back up, and I still can't hit him.
I tried killing the other baddies on L12 but they regenerate too quickly and I still can't hit the Undying.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

I'm getting ready to activate the mechanism. But I've been able to destroy it in my 2 previous games. I'm not sure why you're not getting any damage points?? I don't recall if damage points are displayed for the cube? I should know in 30 minutes.

Yes, the respawning monsters make killing the cube difficult.
Komag

Post by Komag »

try zapping with power weapon, does it still make it freeze? Then you don't have all four items. Maybe you had one of the fake gears and thought it was one of the real ones. zap him and check EVERY side, all six of them, and be SURE SURE SURE you have all the pieces.

Otherwise it's a complete total bug, but it's easy to mix up the parts so it's worth checking over again.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Try finishing it of with Weapon of Power. Normal weapons and spells should work as well - throwing axes, bows and ice/fire spells all worked for me so I guess other weapons/spells should work too. I'm surprised it's not the case in your game.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

Well,I just finished my 3rd game as Toorum while this thread was active.

The cube/mechanism/undying does NOT display hit/damage points after the 4 parts are removed. It does speak/say that its hurt every couple of good hits.

The cube does not halt when zapped with the weapon of power After the 4 parts are removed.

I just killed it with about 10 lightning bombs and 15 blasts of the weapon of power.

I did get hemmed in once by scavengers and was rolled over and killed by the cube so had to come back from my last save point.

I did jump down a pit twice to get away and come back.