A dream come true

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
ymo1965

A dream come true

Post by ymo1965 »

Just wanted to say i pre-ordered LoG today and i wish the devs all the luck in the world. The anticipation is just too much to
bear and theres less than 24 hrs left before its finally unleashed. Have to say that it was only a few weeks ago i remember
thinking how long over due it is for a classic dungeon crawler. There are far too many rpg games that follow the familiar
formula (isometric). Tile-based is really going back to where it all began. If you plan on LoG 2 then the moneys already
poised and waiting in my bank :)

When it comes to longevity with rpg games i have always thought randomly generated maps really do extend the life
I hope maybe one day you could implement that into the sequel (hint).

I can see we already have a very healthy looking community here. I'm sure we will all support you guys whatever your
next creative move is. Hell, its a tough time out there in gaming land. So many jobs lost and studios closed down.

My warmest well wishes with the games success!!!
dbgager

Re: A dream come true

Post by dbgager »

They do help the replay..But well designed dungeons with nice puzzle elements...are not usually possible with randomly generated maps. I would rather have the great dungeon designs.
ymo1965

Re: A dream come true

Post by ymo1965 »

Well, one thing looks certain.. there onto a money spinner here IMO. Judging by the comments, people really were craving a classic rpg.

I just finished playing 'Deadly Dungeons RPG' for android and it was the nearest thing to a classic rpg since my days on the amiga.
Ok, so it didnt have the immense depth of pc/console games, but for a mobile game it was great while it lasted. Recommended!

The devs clearly have the nostalgia like the rest of us. I find it quite amusing how a 4 man indie studio can create something
that so many people have wanted and yet many big companies spend mind boggling amounts of cash to develop games that end
up in the bargain bin two months later.