Last day anxiety mitigation

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Botiquita

Last day anxiety mitigation

Post by Botiquita »

In order to mitigate the anxiety of the last 24 hours before the release of LoG, there is one simple formula:

Chimay beer + Dungeon Master = sedation and patience.
Kthanid

Re: Last day anxiety mitigation

Post by Kthanid »

Trying to stay focused and get whatever work I can out of the way to take Thursday and Friday both off to stay up late and play.

Incidentally, I felt that Belgian beers fit the Grimrock theme nicely as well and stocked up on plenty of Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt 12 for my first night in the dungeon tomorrow. Had I any Westvleteren 12 still in my collection, I'd crack a bottle for this event for sure... oh, well!

Rochefort 10 - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/207/645

St. Bernardus Abt 12 - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/259/1708
nianu

Post by nianu »

my husband doesn't allow me to drink -_- you have no idea how bad i would love to do these things lol.
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

I was so excited over the Grimrock release that I did all of this weeks work during last week, and now I have nothing to do this day before Grimrock :( I don't want to start anything ambitious or overly time consuming, yet I need to find something to do.
So currently I'm passing time by drinking tea and reading forums.
alazyburito

Post by alazyburito »

Fnord wrote:I was so excited over the Grimrock release that I did all of this weeks work during last week, and now I have nothing to do this day before Grimrock :( I don't want to start anything ambitious or overly time consuming, yet I need to find something to do.
So currently I'm passing time by drinking tea and reading forums.
I have been stalking these forums for 3 days, 3 DAYS! So much nothing to do. . . . . . . . . . .
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

nianu wrote:my husband doesn't allow me to drink -_- you have no idea how bad i would love to do these things lol.
I'd be curious what the objection is, good beer is wonderful. Normally I wouldn't pry, but you did bring it up. ;) Feel free to disregard.
nianu

Post by nianu »

Kthanid wrote:
nianu wrote:my husband doesn't allow me to drink -_- you have no idea how bad i would love to do these things lol.
I'd be curious what the objection is, good beer is wonderful. Normally I wouldn't pry, but you did bring it up. ;) Feel free to disregard.
oh it's nothing big. it's just my mom is a raging alcoholic and he thinks if i drink just one alcoholic beverage, i'll suddenly turn into one too :P
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

nianu wrote:
Kthanid wrote:
oh it's nothing big. it's just my mom is a raging alcoholic and he thinks if i drink just one alcoholic beverage, i'll suddenly turn into one too :P
My personal recommendation under those circumstances is substituting good old fashioned Root Beer iced down teeth-chattering cold
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
nianu

Post by nianu »

ozmiz wrote:

My personal recommendation under those circumstances is substituting good old fashioned Root Beer iced down teeth-chattering cold
mmm that sounds soooooo good! i may try that :)
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Also to get back to the topic... my anxiety mitigation has been playing

TOME 4

Without looking at my game log, I think my highest level reached before perma-death was a Drawf Bulwark (lvl 24'ish?)
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue