New spells idea

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LordGarth

New spells idea

Post by LordGarth »

Hello,

All has someone come up with a way to a ressurection spell and a cure poison spell and cure disease spell.

Thx,

LG
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
JohnWordsworth

Re: New spells idea

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I like the idea of having some form of Resurrection spell which requires the user to hold a 'Crystal Shard' or some such item, so you couldn't use it too often but you could use it at a cost. Or perhaps you inflict the caster (or resurect-ee) with some debilitating effect for some time to prevent over-casting of the spell.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
crisman

Post by crisman »

JohnWordsworth wrote:I like the idea of having some form of Resurrection spell which requires the user to hold a 'Crystal Shard' or some such item, so you couldn't use it too often but you could use it at a cost. Or perhaps you inflict the caster (or resurect-ee) with some debilitating effect for some time to prevent over-casting of the spell.
Good question.
I was thinking about this, but I can't find anything for resurrecting only only one champion... all or nothing, with the party:heal() script.
To cure poison/diseased you can try the scripts:

party:getChampion(i):setCondition("diseased", 0)

and

party:getChampion(i):setCondition("poison", 0)
nichg

Post by nichg »

Its a little weird, but you could figure out who is dead and who is alive first, then resurrect everyone and re-kill the ones who are supposed to be dead.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

The cost for the spell would be a high skill lvl needed and like 500 mana.

LG
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.

Return to “Modding”