Beta-1.2.9 now available!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Beta-1.2.9 now available!

Post by petri »

Beta-1.2.9 has just been sent to Steam. The update should be available in a few hours and update automatically. If Steam has problems updating the build you can try restarting the Steam client and clicking on Verify Integrity of Game Cache in Legend of Grimrock / Properties.

It is important that all testing happens with the latest version. Please check that beta-1.2.9 is displayed in the main menu.

If you think you have found a bug, please check that the bug is not in the Known Bugs list before reporting (see below).

Thanks to everybody for relentless testing! Have fun!

Changes since beta-1.2.8:
- blockers' initial state can be configured in the inspector
- blockers can be activated, deactivated and toggled with connectors
- "opened by" can be configured in the inspector for locked doors
- added Reload Project menu item and shortcut Ctrl-R
- added new scripting hooks: Door:onOpen(self), Door:onClose(self), Party:onLevelUp(champion)
- bug fix: Door:setOpenedBy() does not persist across save games
- bug fix: cloneObject complains erroneously about "bad argument 'slot' to 'cloneObject' (string expected, got number)" when cloning a body slot item
- bug fix: monster groups are respawned when loading a saved game which refers to the original grimrock dungeon

Known bugs:
- when you add an element by right clicking on the map, several entities are added
- clicking "resume" from the pause menu throws away the item on the mouse cursor
- choose dungeon dialog has a "Delete" button instead of "Unsubscribe" for Workshop mods that have been subscribed to while the game is running
- initial window size isn't quite right when going from native full res to windowed mode
- when opening the automap in the small preview window, the text names of the levels are HUGE
- pasting text with newline characters to a singleline textbox causes part of the text to disappear
- if you give setMouseItem() an item that's placed already somewhere on the level, and then player tries to place that item on the ground, the game crashes "item is already placed".
- crash if party falls into a "double pit" (two pits over each other) and there is no level below the last pit
- crash when killing last character with a onUseItem hook
- cloned Orb of Radiance does not glow
- cloned Uggardian does not have the flame effect
Shroom

Re: Beta-1-2.9 now available!

Post by Shroom »

Great Stuff - Connectors to blockers I particularly like :geek:

Thanks for all the hard work - its really appreciated!
Komag

Post by Komag »

It's really nice to see the editor getting better and better like this!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
jagintedu

Post by jagintedu »

Known bugs:
- when you add an element by right clicking on the map, several entities are added
I thought this was intentional. It's a great way to add 4 of something eg. sail meat or arrows. I would like to kep this function.
Komag

Post by Komag »

never thought of it that way. Right now it's not always the same amount, so if it was going to be intentional there should be a set amount, such as 4, or maybe right-clicking would open a small menu to select how many you want from 1 to 10 or something
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Wow you guys are speeding through the new versions!

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
lowzei

Re: Beta-1.2.9 now available!

Post by lowzei »

Would it be possible getting a flag-tag for the torch holder which doesn't allow you taking a torch or does this collide with something else?
Komag

Post by Komag »

Not sure how I would feel about some torches being non-takeable, it would be an inconsistency. But I guess if maybe the author made ALL the torches non-takeable, the dungeon could be consistent that way. Or maybe a certain torch is stuck, and a message on the screen says "It's stuck fast in the holder and won't budge" or something like that
Xzalander

Post by Xzalander »

I was surprised that Grimrock didn't feature perma-torches. I went through the levels expecting to see a cast iron torch bolted to the wall instead of a holder and not once did I see it.
Perma-torches would be useful if they were visually different otherwise too confusing for the player.
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

@Komag
I think best would be offering an asset with a torch holder which is somehow caged, a lamp or were the torch is just fixed to the attachement of the torch holder. So the light source is just more attached to the wall to clearly show that you can't take it with you. On the other side as you said if you make this part of your dungeon design it can be consistent with the standard torches as well. First try, it doesn't work, second try, it doesn't work, maybe a note as well, then it should be more than clear.

I would prefer having a different torch holder plus the possibility to tag them the way i want. Torches could be stuck as well. You normally could take them but a few, well, you can't because they are more fixed to their attachements or whatever reason you might come up with.

Same with the light spell. You should just have the possibility to put the player into a dungeon with the lightning you had in mind. Sometimes you want him to use torches and spells the way he wants but there are also situations where you want to take these options away in order to create an specific atmosphere.
Last edited by lowzei on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.