Any Plans on Doing a Demo

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Crashbanito

Any Plans on Doing a Demo

Post by Crashbanito »

Hey guys! Just wondering if a demo would ever get released at some point (possibly first floor or something like that). I've already pre-ordered the game and am eagerly looking forward to April 11th. I'm just rather eager to get my friends into the game and I feel that a nice little demo would do the trick nicely.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Mameluk

Re: Any Plans on Doing a Demo

Post by Mameluk »

The game already has such a low price, just make your friends buy it!
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

I guess I'll have to resort to play B then. Whip out my laptop and play it in front of them!
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Although I insta-preordered, I support the idea of making a demo. Games without demos are as good as pirated in my personal opinion. (If you don't give someone the option to try before they spend money, chances are they'll find other ways of trying your game without spending money)

Not everyone has loads of money to throw at any game that looks pleasing to them.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Crashbanito, have you showed them any of the trailers or video reviews? Usually the imminent reaction to them is either "yay" or "nay", so that might be a good way to see who is and who's not interested at all.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

I have shown them trailers and the general consensus is some interest.

The main problem with trying to sell them on the idea is that the mechanics are a bit foreign to them. Our childhoods were in the later 90's and early 2000's, a time when this genre was pretty much gone. I love me some retro games that were before my time, but unfortunately that isn't the case for everyone. When I pick up the game, I'll be sure to give them a spin and see if they like it.

A demo couldn't hurt, however. ;)
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

I agree- demos are usually a more functional way to attract audiences then simple videos.
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

A demo is also a sure way to confirm if the computer can handle it or not, to see if there will be any performance issues before someone shells out the cash. For me, I have been seeing quite a few people asking if their system can handle the game. The most convincing answer would be to have them play a demo.
Please provide a demo, or even a full download that needs a serial key to unlock the full game :)
Angrandir

Post by Angrandir »

Google for „Legend of Grimrock Hardware Test“ (grimrock-hwtest-1.0.4-installer.zip).
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

Angrandir wrote:Google for „Legend of Grimrock Hardware Test“ (grimrock-hwtest-1.0.4-installer.zip).

That's not a demo. It's a hardware test.