Possible improvements?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
jetmouse

Possible improvements?

Post by jetmouse »

reduce light flickering - while a neat and eye-pleasing effect, it can make your eyes very weary after some time (at least console/.ini file variable, pleeease), the same as head bobbing, which was addressed in the patch (thank you so much!)
better autocollect - Autocollect enchanted arrows that hit (put it into inventory, maybe?). The micromanagement is a chore :(
multiple map notes - instead of N, be able to put numbers (1-9) - maybe left clicking on existing note adds the modifier (clicking on 9 reverts back to 1) = quicker orientation among notes
map scrolling with A,D as well - not only arrow keys (I hate to move my hand to arr. keys from WASD)
hotkeys for spell runes and attacks - I understand it is a design decision not to have them, but it would make the game better for me ;)
do not stack movements - it is annoying to step one more space (and fall into the pit/fail puzzle) just because you held the key a little longer
game speed slider - some people have slower reactions and this would make the game more accessible to them
splash with damage when hit over portrait not over health bar - if hit several times in a row, it is not possible to see the actual health (and whether or not is it critical to heal just yet)