Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - Black/Greyed

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
lFlapjackl

Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - Black/Greyed

Post by lFlapjackl »

I made this with a lot of patience. I kept the same amount of squares so there shouldn't be any issues.

ImageImage

Using Fit/Shrink to Printable area has best results when keeping aspect ratio for PDF/PNG. This allows the image to use the most space without distortion.
Download - Black Lines
PDF
PNG

Download - Grey Lines
PDF
PNG
Last edited by lFlapjackl on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jack Dandy

Re: Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - Printer Friendly

Post by Jack Dandy »

This looks great. Thank you! A great alternative for us low on ink :D

EDIT: There's a small problem, though- you should make the actual grid a bit greyed out, so we can see more properly where we draw. Will really appreciate if you do that!
rodrell

Post by rodrell »

Good job mate.
"...on, into the dungeon..."
juho

Post by juho »

Nice job. One thing to note though. When I designed the original graph paper, I did those black and white bars around the grid to give an option for two different "resolutions". You have the option of doing 1x1 cells or 2x2 cells. Small thing and totally up to you if you want to fix it.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
lFlapjackl

Post by lFlapjackl »

juho wrote:Nice job. One thing to note though. When I designed the original graph paper, I did those black and white bars around the grid to give an option for two different "resolutions". You have the option of doing 1x1 cells or 2x2 cells. Small thing and totally up to you if you want to fix it.
Looks much better now in V2.
Jack Dandy wrote:This looks great. Thank you! A great alternative for us low on ink :D

EDIT: There's a small problem, though- you should make the actual grid a bit greyed out, so we can see more properly where we draw. Will really appreciate if you do that!
Edit: Responded to below message.
Last edited by lFlapjackl on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Crashbanito

Re: Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - V2/Greyed

Post by Crashbanito »

Those look fantastic, but when he mentioned graying out the grid I'm fairly certain he meant the lines not the background. It's good to not have pure black lines so you can trace over them with black and see what you've written.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
lFlapjackl

Post by lFlapjackl »

Crashbanito wrote:Those look fantastic, but when he mentioned graying out the grid I'm fairly certain he meant the lines not the background. It's good to not have pure black lines so you can trace over them with black and see what you've written.
Alright, I have changed the grid lines to what I think is good.
Last edited by lFlapjackl on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antti

Post by antti »

lFlapjackl wrote:
Crashbanito wrote:Once the color is perfected, I'll add the download link. However, I will need some help with that. Thanks.
Nice stuff! :)

If instead of a pdf you save it as an image, you can use something like imgur to do the hosting for you. It's a pretty nifty service: doesn't cost a dime and it is completely hassle free.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Jack Dandy

Re: Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - V2/Greyed WiP

Post by Jack Dandy »

The new version is the best! Thank you!

EDIT: You haven't put up a download page for it, tho :(
lFlapjackl

Re: Modified Graph Paper - Black & White - V2/Greyed WiP

Post by lFlapjackl »

Jack Dandy wrote:The new version is the best! Thank you!

EDIT: You haven't put up a download page for it, tho :(
antti wrote:If instead of a pdf you save it as an image, you can use something like imgur to do the hosting for you. It's a pretty nifty service: doesn't cost a dime and it is completely hassle free.
I have updated my original post to add the black/grey lines. I have included the choice of a PNG or the PDF. PNG is the original image I was editing. If you require a change in color, you can let me know. Changing the lines is a simple fix.