[Custom Dungeon] Chaos Isle

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ChaosLord316

[Custom Dungeon] Chaos Isle

Post by ChaosLord316 »

Explore a land imbued with the power of the Elements.

- 15 Levels (2 are "bonus" areas that I wouldn't fully count)
- 64 Secrets
- 20 Power Gems, 5 Essences, 2 Endings depending on whether you find/use the Balance Essence or not.
- 4 Boss fights, plus just as many pseudo-boss encounters, plus the Final Boss fight.

Inspired by the likes of Zelda and Metroid, this non-linear dungeon has been meticulously crafted with a focus on environmental aesthetics and organic navigation. Chaos Isle is meant to be more than simply a series of puzzles and combat encounters. Each level is designed to be thematic set piece that inspires exploration and investigation, and all of the levels are designed to work together to form a cohesive world.

Climb a volcano, brave the icy waters of a frozen lake, go to the beach, explore the mucky ruins of a sunken tower, infiltrate an undead village, and even travel through time. Make creative use of shovels, ladders, figurines, and the Serpent Staff to seek out the Power Gems and Elemental Forges. Use the energy of the Essences to power The Array, and apply your knowledge of spellcasting to turn its awesome might against... The Rune Master.

This is meant to be a "Vanilla +" experience, meaning essentially all the same skills, spells, equipment, and mechanics of the original game. All your vanilla campaign builds should be fine here; all the equipment is there (if you can find it all). There are no mods except for the wonderful Winter Tileset that makes for a beautiful snow level and a great urban setting.

Special thanks to Skuggasveinn for The Winter Tileset, Isaac from the Grimrock.net forums for the "tomb wall fix", Steingrimur Oskarsson for the LoGII YouTube video tutorials, and everyone in the Grimrock community, wherever you are.

I put a lot of work into preventing the player from getting stuck. That being said, this is my first dungeon, and I can't guarantee that it is 100% foolproof, so if you don't want to get a soft-locked save file, please don't tempt fate by going around throwing keys into trees or anything like that. Also, DO NOT DROP OR THROW THE SERPENT STAFF!

I hope you enjoy this dungeon. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, bugs, or graphical issues. Thank you for playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3336154613

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/190/
andyroosta

Re: [Custom Dungeon] Chaos Isle

Post by andyroosta »

Thanks for making it!
ChaosLord316

Post by ChaosLord316 »

Thank you for the support. As you can see, I'm very new to these forums. I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. Most of the conversation around my dungeon on Steam and NexusMods seems to be about gameplay, but I'd love to talk shop with other modders, and this seems like the place to do that.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Hi ChaosLord316, you are welcome.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Hello.

Second full gameplay (with more emphasis on the discovery of secrets): https://postimg.cc/8svQtJ2s

UPDATE:

Secrets: 61/64
Treasures: 14/15
Epic items: 17/17
Levels visited: 14/15 (actually 15 out of 15, when I beat the final boss I will go to the secret level, but now I am looking for the missing secrets)

Not long now.

GREAT MOD! But very laborious and dense too :D