[MOD] Final Adventure

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Adrageron

Re: [MOD] Final Adventure

Post by Adrageron »

Pompidom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:48 am Invalid connector target: twigroot_dormant_6
I will fix it, thanks!
Stone table with 2 statues (I was never a fan of these puzzles anyways, spamming every inventory item on these tables - basically bruteforcing them) it just adds frustration.

Placed Meat on it. Disappears in a flash of fire: no effect - consecutive placements of additional meat: same effect.
Check conditions after the sacrifice. And there is a hint for this altar.
Patch notes would be helpful for future balancing suggestions - The Monk nerf from +5/+5 to +3/+3 to health and energy on levelup feels bad.
With the right approach monk will get +8/+8 per level, wich is more than any other class.
The Items placed behind "curtains" that are "static" and "unbreakable-untearable" also feel bad. Spamclicking 20 times at random locations until you click the "right pixel" feels bad and annoying.
Sounds like a bug. It must not be any items behind unbreakable gobelins. Please, report if you find any.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I found 2 of such gobelins (curtains) already in the first map containing loot.
The abandoned dungeon.

You have to spam click them slowly edging your mouse cursor around until you hit the right spot.

Most people won't do this as they're accustomed to these static gobelins and simply consider them "walls"
But since I experimented in my mod with gobelins and curtains and stuff, I always check automatically if there is something behind it.

Both in secret areas of that map.

One gave me 2 firegrenades and I vaguely remember getting a lightning grenade from the other one in the 2x3 room in the east.
kikotrt

Post by kikotrt »

Pompidom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:51 pm I found 2 of such gobelins (curtains) already in the first map containing loot.
The abandoned dungeon.

You have to spam click them slowly edging your mouse cursor around until you hit the right spot.

Most people won't do this as they're accustomed to these static gobelins and simply consider them "walls"
But since I experimented in my mod with gobelins and curtains and stuff, I always check automatically if there is something behind it.
I'm sorry friend, but you're wrong.
most people will first break the gobelin (gobelins with caches can be broken), and then calmly take the item.

прости друг, но то ошибаешься.
большинство людей сначала сломают гобелен (гобелены с тайниками можно сломать), а потом спокойно возьмут предмет.
kikotrt

Post by kikotrt »

by Adrageron

что бы изменения фиксов вступили в силу - потребуется новая игра?

would a new game be required for the fix changes to take effect?
kikotrt

Post by kikotrt »

Pompidom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:51 pm ...and I vaguely remember getting a lightning grenade from the other one in the 2x3 room in the east.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Then I simply assumed all gobelins were indestructable as I encountered indestructable ones at first.
Mystery solved.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

kikotrt wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:10 pm would a new game be required for the fix changes to take effect?
Yes, old saves are not compatible sadly.
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

I find myself micromanaging my Monk party way too much because of the clunky stat level up mechanic to make sure that every character gets +1/+1/+1/+1 on each levelup.

I have to drop my container of skulls every single time before My Minotaur levels up. Otherwise the strength stat doesn't go up.

I can't make use of the Rat's trait where it levels up 1 stat at random on levelup.

Favorite food can't be used for the exact same reason, it will just level up 1 stat and then on levelup just balance out, making it useless to eat those foods as the gain of that stat is "lost" on the next levelup.

You can't equip any item that gives + stats.

Would you please remake the Monk into a character that starts out weak, but simply gains a flat +1 to all stats?
It will remove a lot of frustration and annoying suboptimal gameplay choices I have to take simply to maximize the character's stat gain.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Pompidom wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:17 pmWould you please remake the Monk into a character that starts out weak, but simply gains a flat +1 to all stats?
It will remove a lot of frustration and annoying suboptimal gameplay choices I have to take simply to maximize the character's stat gain.
No way! :P
There is a hard path to the inner harmony and enlightment :mrgreen:
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Awesome mod!
Last edited by Kirill on Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.