can't seem to get the console to function- help!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
comradelucifer

can't seem to get the console to function- help!

Post by comradelucifer »

Hey guys, I dled the console.lua and followed the instructions in the forum about setting developer= true in the .cfg, but when I press shift + tilde in game, no console appears. I have the console.lua file in my almosthuman\grimrock folder but no dice. Can someone please help me? I need to modify some timing due to some disability issues or this game is pretty much unplayable for me (and it would be a tragedy not to be able to play this awesome love-letter to DM. Your help would be greatly apprecaited in figuring out and resolving this issue. Also, if it helps, i have a U.S. QWERTY wireless keyboard.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys- very considerate community here!

-ComradeLucifer
Patchumz

Re: can't seem to get the console to function- help!

Post by Patchumz »

You have to go to offset 7C1 (if I remember correctly) and change the hotkey to something US keyboards have. (Like ` or ~) So open up Console.lua with a hex editor and change it ^^.
comradelucifer

Post by comradelucifer »

hmmm...7c1 doesn't seem to be a valid integer number? Could somebody give me the correct integer? This is the first time I've used a hex editor, so its all pretty new. What does the symbol I need to replace look like? after that do I need to do anything other than set developer = true in the grimrock.cfg?
comradelucifer

Post by comradelucifer »

think I found it- does it look kinda like a stlyized "s"? I should change that to the shift + tile (~) key correct? And I have developer = true in my grimrock.cfg file. Is there anything else I need to do- I saw that you advised changing the max lines at 0x0A- what will that do?
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Yeah, that's the one. And max lines will let you see more of the console if I remember correctly. I didn't bother messing with it though.
comradelucifer

Post by comradelucifer »

thanks a ton man, got the console up and running!